Chapter 1: Christopher

Start from the beginning

"Good Morning to you too."

"...what?" I stood their in confusion trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

There was a guy who stood to be 6'1 and he was covered in tattoos, all the way up to his neck just about and not to mention he was staring right at me. Not gonna lie, he was cute as hell, and seemed familiar, but whatever type of dream this was, this needed to end now.

"Who is he?"

"I'm Chris."

The guy walked over to me, holding his hand out but I stepped back, examining him from head to toe first. Mom's been acting weird for the last couple of months and now I can see why. She has a new man, which means she's really over my biological father. Something tells me this wasn't gonna be good.

"Quiet?"

"I don't talk to strangers."

He arched his eyebrow. "I clearly just introduced myself."

"Okay? I don't have to talk to you."

He hands slightly clenched but I gave him a sarcastic smile and walked past him to grab me something out the fridge, to see my mom staring at me too.

"What?" I stated.

"I know you miss your dad, I'm sure he would like it if you respected Chris?" She walked up to me, placing her hand on the fridge.

"Chris doesn't have anything to do with me." I shrugged, making sure to put the emphasis on Chris, to make my point clear.

"Besides, I don't see how this includes me in anyway." I grabbed some cream cheese and a bagel from the fridge siting it on the counter to fix me a quick breakfast before I leave.

"I'll take you to school."

"I appreciate the gesture, but no thank you."

"I wasn't asking."

I scrunched up my face and looked up at Chris to see a totally different look on his face. It was more stern looking and from the way he talked, he was pretty serious.

"Mom-"

"Stacy, this is your Stepfather. I know he won't replace your real one, but I think it's time to move on to something new."

"Do I get a birthday present for the most part?" I asked, completely ignoring what she said on purpose. I refuse to let him ruin my day.

"He is your present." She said, shrugging at me, drinking out of her cup.

I stood there frozen, trying to put all this together in my head. I don't recall a wedding nor ever being introduced to a man that was younger than my mom- And for him to even date someone like her, has me to only suspect this is for his own gain. Besides, how can a grown ass man be  with someone older in age closer to my age in that matter, present? That's not a normal thing at all...is it?

"So, let's start over."

He walked back over to me and held his hand out.

"I'm Chris."

"...I'm Stacy."

The dominance in his voice was starting to make feel a little nervous, but I took his hand and shook it, only to make it known that I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

"I'll see you outside in 10 minutes, hm?"

I just kept quiet and continued to stare at him. I did not like his attitude at all, but maybe it will lighten up after a while, hopefully. He gave me a small smile and walked out of the kitchen. I heard my mom sigh and she walked out also. I'm surprised that she actually let him take charge like that and not even say anything about his behavior. Something is obviously up if you asked me and it's too early for this shit.