Chapter 4

It's been three days since I tried to escape. I've refused to leave the room I was given and let anyone enter it. The only thing I haven't refused was food and that's only because somebody puts a plate of food beside my door, knocks on it and leaves, everyday, three times a day. I know I don't want to be here but that's no reason that I should starve myself to death.

Maybe your wondering "So Kathy, what are you doing all day?" Well I have no signal on my phone so I haven't sent any messages or calls but there are quite a few things that I do in here actually. I watch TV, read a few books and talk to Olaf. Right now I'm looking at the Polaroid pictures I took with my family and Lina while laying on bed.

They must be freaking out looking for me. I miss them so much. Before I knew it the tears came bulging out of my eyes. I layed there crying my eyes out for about half an hour before I heard the knock. That must be the food. I wiped my eyes with the palms of my hands and opened the door.

My eyes landed on a pair of hands holding a plate of spaghetti and a bottle of water. I slowly looked up and my green eyes connected with a pair of hazel ones. The guy in front of me was very tall and was very fit and handsome. He had olive skin tone with shaggy raven black hair.

"Uh, here's your food." he said offering me the plate and the bottle. I took the plate and the water bottle very cautiously and just slammed the door right in his face and locked it right before he could say anything else. He started banging on the door telling me to open it. I ignored him and sat down with my food and started eating my spaghetti calmly.

"Kathy please open the door we have to talk!"

"I have nothing to talk about with you or your family!" I responded annoyed. Why wouldn't he shut up?

"Please open the door!" he pleaded again.

"Tell me one good reason why I should open this door."

"Because I come with a deal that may take you home."

And that caught my attention. A deal that will take me home. I reasoned if he was telling the truth or if it was just a way to get me to open the door. Oh well.

"What's the deal?" I asked when I opened the door.

"May I come in?"

I moved aside so he could enter. I watched his every move just to make sure he wasn't going to try to do anything funny. He moved a chair closer to the bed. Since there was only one chair I sat on the bed.

"My family and I have been discussing the problem from your point of view and we have comed up with a deal to propose to you. The deal is that you will stay here for one month to get to know us and get a glimpse of what may your life be if you stayed here. If by the end of the month you still want to leave, we will return you back to your home."

"As if I would want to stay here. That's such a-"

"Do you accept the deal or not?!" clearly annoyed that I just wouldn't give him an answer.

If I accept I may go home but if I don't I may not have any chance to do so. Besides, there is no way that they can convince me to stay.

"I accept." I answered with a firm nod and a silly serious face.

"Good, I'll let everyone know later. Well since you are going to get to know us I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Jace Storm." he extended his hand as he said so.

I shook his hand and introduced myself.

"I'm Katherine Dallas but you can call me Kathy."

"Well Kathy since you have been locked up in here for a few days and your gonna be here for a month, do you want me to give you a tour or do you want to explore around by yourself?"