Potions Brewing, Champions and Dates // Edited

As soon as I reached my dormitory, I remembered that I was supposed to be sneaking off to the abandoned bathroom to meet the twins. I sighed and threw off my cloak.

"What's wrong?" Angelina asked, noticing that I wasn't getting changed. "Aren't you going to get ready for bed?"

"Er," I began, trying to think of an excuse. "Yeah...just...chilling for a second..." I trailed off. Angelina slowly nodded and turned around, her eyebrows raised. I sighed, feeling bad that I was lying to my friend. I reached for an oversized T-shirt and baggy bottoms. I quickly dressed and pulled my hair up into a ponytail. Then, I grabbed my potions book.

"I'm going to go sit and watch if anyone puts their name in the Goblet," I told Angelina.

"Want me to come with you?" I shook my head and held up my book.

"Got distraction if I need it," I said. She nodded and climbed into bed. "Night." I turned the light off as everyone in the room settled to bed. Quickly tiptoe-ing, as quietly as one can when wearing bright blue slippers, I scrambled to across the corridor and made my way to the bathroom.

"Finally," Fred exclaimed, as I made my way inside."We were beginning to think that you'd forgot."

"She looks like she almost did, from the looks of it," George said, eyeing my clothing.

"Hey, eyes to yourself," I snapped.

"Donaghan Tremlett? Isn't he engaged?" Fred scoffed, recognising the Weird Sisters member.

"A girl can dream," I muttered. I couldn't bring myself to meet Fred's eyes since earlier. "Anyways, you have the ingredients?" They nodded and pointed over to where there was a cauldron above unlit kindle.

"Ok, you're both going to have to help or we won't make it in time," I said, crossing my legs in front of the cauldron and opening my book to the right page. "Fred, measure out 100ml of Red Wine and 10ml of the Prune Juice for me." He hopped right to it. "George, I need 2g of the Hairy Fungus, mashed, and 2g of the Tortoise Shell, powdered." He took the necessary ingredients and got to work. 

I carefully measured out 5g of Caterpillar, slicing into the soft bug as I did so. Then, I made sure I diced the Bat Tongue enough. We worked silently for a good twenty minutes; Fred had managed to mix up the two liquids, so he had to dispose of what he had before starting again, which added another ten minutes into the equation.

"Done?" They nodded and handed me the ingredients. "Thank you. Now, stay quiet unless I say anything."

"Incendio," I muttered. The kindle lit on fire and I slowly poured the Red Wine and Prune Juice into the cauldron. I began stirring the dark purple mixture clockwise, waiting for bubbles to form. When it did, I added the Hairy Fungus in immediately. I stirred for the next ten minutes and double-checked my book; it said it should have faded to a lighter shade of purple.

Good.

Next, I continued stirring and added the Tortoise Shell. Instantly, it turned into a creamy colour, almost like whipped cream. I stopped stirring and let it simmer. "Now, we'll just wait for about eight minutes." The twins sighed.

"I've never seen you look so serious," George said, his voice barely a whisper.

"Yeah, you looked..." Fred struggled to find the right word.

"Magnificent?" suggested George. I blushed as the two of them nodded in agreement.

"W-what are you going on about? You've seen me brewing hundreds of times - you especially Fred; you sit next to me in Potions!"

"Yeah, but we've never actually watched you," George continued. He looked at me with an expression I couldn't quite understand. "I'm pretty sure I've changed my view about you."