• 0.1 •

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Alright Brooke, do you think you can arrive on your own?" Amber Davis asked her daughter for the millionth time since they've arrived at the John F. Kennedy national airport in New York City.

"Yes, but can I ask why I've been out of the guy's life for nearly ten years and now you're magically sending me to him?" She asks her mother who gives the girl a tight smile squeezing her shoulders in a motherly way.

"Because after the divorce we thought it would be best that you stay with me until he decided whether or not he wanted you to meet Diana."

"You mean the woman who Hank cheated on you." She grunted out to which Amber sighed shaking her head.

Yes, it was true, Hank Davis, Brooklyn's father cheated on a woman who was wanting a career in modeling where he agreed to help the young woman only to be six inches deep inside of her by the following month. At least, that's what Amber, her mother told her once she was old enough to understand why her father hasn't called or spoken to her for nearly ten years. Not for holidays or birthdays.

Later on, through the years, scrolling through her Instagram feed, she got a follow request from Dianna, her new step-mother, which sent alarm bells through Brooke's mind. Of course, she denied it, but not before stalking the woman's page which was thankfully not private.

She learned at Dianna quite her dreams of becoming a model and focused on being a stay at home mother for her two sons, kids that she probably had with Hank. Yet, the two boys seemed older, one of the oldest looked to be around Brooke's age so she could have had him before she met Hank but the other two she wasn't so sure about. It wouldn't surprise her if her father got the woman pregnant during their affair.

But the best part about this whole ordeal is that Brooke wasn't even invited to the wedding that was taken place just over two years ago and now her father reaches out to kindle a relationship with his almost eighteen-year-old daughter who hates his guts more than she hates math class. But that wasn't the worst part, no, the worst part was that her mother was sending her off for the summer to rekindle the lost father and daughter relationship.

Which she didn't understand, her mother loathed her father. Hated the fact that he left her for a younger looking woman yet here she was sending her daughter away to the man she hated for the summer. She wished she had a say, she wished she could tell her father to go to hell with his new family, but when her mother pulled five hundred dollars for her to visit her father, she couldn't pass money to go to her college funds.

"Flight B34 to Los Angeles California is now boarding. Please head to gate G3."

Amber sighs smiling sadly at her daughter wrapping her arms tightly around the child, her eyes blinking rapidly to wipe away the tears that were threatening to fall with a burning passion. "Please don't hate me for this Brooke," she whispered pulling away.

Not wanting to let her anger get the best of her, Brooke kept her mouth shut and gave her mother a sad smile through a blurry vision. "I'll call you when I land."

Amber nods her head hugging her daughter one last time before ushering her towards the gate that was now accepting passengers.

Brooke hands the flight attendant her ticket, her gaze turning over to her mother who was clenching onto the tissue she had out that was now all crumbled up and waved a sad wave. Waving back, Brooke took back her ticket and stepped through the passenger boarding bridge.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

Stepping out into the hot Los Angeles heat was horrific for Brooke. She was so used to the air conditioning of the airport that when she stepped through the sliding doors she didn't expect to be hit with a heat wave.