𝟎𝟎𝟑. 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬

❋ ❋ ❋ ❋❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ ❋Three bad starts❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ ❋❋ ❋ ❋ ❋

❋ ❋ ❋ ❋❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ ❋
Three bad starts
❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ ❋❋ ❋ ❋ ❋

Thursday September 2nd, 1976

The first day of the school year had already gone to a bad start.

She had woken up late because someone in her shared bedroom had turned off her alarm clock. Her alarm clock which was due to wake her at seven thirty but for some reason didn't go off until nine today. She wasn't surprised though, the girls in her room didn't get along with one another. They all had a mutual hatred for one another.

There had been four others girls in the shared bedroom with Magnolia. There had been Caroline Boot who was a small red haired witch from Ireland, she didn't speak much to anyone in the bedroom and she found her the most tolerable out of everyone. Then there were the Allen twins, Jessie and Sophia. They fought with one another about ninety nine percent of the time and living with them made Magnolia learn how to do a silencing charm at eleven years old. They were non identical twins, thankfully because Magnolia could barely stand looking at one of them, let alone having to see the same face every morning. Then the last girl was Bernadette Burton, who was probably the one she hated the most. Magnolia didn't know when the two of them starting hating one another. When Magnolia first met her, she had a gut feeling the girl was trouble and she knew to stay clear of her: just last term, she saw her use dark magic on Mary McDonald from a different house.

That's why she was hurriedly racing through the halls of Hogwarts, and combing her fingers through her hair in an attempt to diffuse the curls from last night. She wasn't sure which class she was supposed to be in right now as she had just come from Professor Slughorn's office where she got her schedule. She flipped around the piece of scrunched parchment and examined it before making her way to defence.

"Aleksander," A voice shouts from behind her.

She recognises the voice and sped up walking whilst shaking her head, "Rosier I am not in the mood for you this morning."

How foolish she had been to believe she could avoid him and that he would stay clear of her. "Hold on, I just want to talk to you."

She rolled her eyes, "Yeah I know that, hence why I'm walking away from you." She turned another corner and let out a sigh when she heard his scattering footsteps following her. She passed a group of Hufflepuff first year girls who looked concerned as the boy ran after her. "You know when two people break up, usually they don't try and follow the other person around a hallway—"

Before she could even finish her sentence, he caught up with her and roughly grabbed her wrist, purposely aiming for the skin instead of the sleeve of her uniform. She hadn't a chance to even pull back because he had pulled her into the empty hallway. His hostile glare became even more annoyed when she attempted to yank her hand back.