Willow Tree

Fluttershy's Point Of View-

I left the mall and got in my car. I dropped my keys from my hands being so shaking.

"Dammit." I picked them up and started the car. I put both my hands on the steering wheel and squeezed my hands. I released my hands and sighed.

I can't believe Rainbow Dash. I thought I meant something to her. I thought we had something. I guess not.... I guess I was right. She doesn't care. I was just a rebound. She's probably smiling up to her ears in there. I can't believe she would do this to me.... 

I pulled out of the parking lot and started making my way home. I decided to take the long way home, needing the drive to relax. I drove past the swamp with a couple trees in the middle. I kept driving till I saw the familiar place. 

To the side of the road stood a beautiful willow tree. 

I pulled my car over to the side of the road and turned off the car. I took the keys into my pocket and got out of the car. I walked up to the big trunk with a stone at the bottom.

"Hey grandma." I sat in front of the stone and fidgeted with my hands. "It's been awhile, huh?"

I looked up and realized I had tears in my eyes.

"I really need you right now. I...." I looked up, trying to make the tears go away. "I don't know what to do...." I looked at the colorless fake flowers that were lying on the ground. "I moved here to be closer to you. I thought moving here would make things better. To get away from them...." I picked up the fake flowers and messed with the petals. "But, just like them, the one person I decided to trust hurt me. Everyone seems to hurt me." I put the flowers to my side. "I know you didn't want to go, I know that it was just your time, but I wish you could have stayed." I felt the tears roll down my face. One after another. "Sorry I only came here in times of need. I promise to visit more often. I do live closer now." 

I got up from the little patch grass I flattened. I walked over to the pond near by. I found what I was looking for and walked back. I placed the lilies in front of the stone and smiled.

"Goodbye grandma." I walked back over to my car.

I decided to just sit in the car, listening to the nature. I laid back in my chair and closed my eyes. I took a few deep breathes and sat there in silence. Before I knew it, I felt the heavy feeling of sleep taking over me.

****

"Where the fuck were you? You've been gone for an entire month. Because you were gone, I had to take my anger out on your mother. Are you happy now?" He yelled at me and pointed to the ground. I saw my mother with her eyes open and in a pool of blood.

"What did you do to her?" I screamed and ran over to her. He shoved me back, pushing me to the wall.

"No, please stop...." I backed my face to the wall as much as I could.

"No second chances you dumb bitch. Your mother is dead because of you. Now it's your turn. Do you know how long I have been wanting to kill you? See you in your own pool of blood...." He had a wicked grin on his face as he inched closer to me.

"No, I promise I won't leave again. Please don't hurt me." I felt the tears running down my face as I squeezed my eyes shut. I felt a hot breathe by my face.

"It's to late." I felt him grab grab my arm and throw me to the ground. I winced in pain as my hip hit the ground. I heard him walk over to me. I screamed in terror as he grabbed me by my hair. He picked my up and through me into the kitchen. He slapped me across the face when I tried to get up. He grabbed a bat he had hidden between the stove and fridge and walked over to me. He stood over me with a huge smile on his face.

"Goodbye, Flutter-bitch." I saw the bat coming towards me. I squeezed my eyes shut, waiting for death to greet me.

****

I sat up and gasped. I was sweating and felt like I was hurting everywhere. I looked around for something I recognized. I looked outside and saw it was pouring. The tree had leaves that nearly touched the ground from how much it was raining. 

"It was just a dream...." I sighed as I looked for my phone.

It's already four? I slept for that long?

I looked at my notifications and saw that Rainbow had texted me something. I ignored it and through my phone in the passenger seat.

I started my car and started driving home. I squeezed my hands on the steering wheel as I drove home. The water was everywhere, so I stepped on the breaks, slowing down. 

After an hour of carful driving, I finally made it home. I turned off the car and put the keys in my pocket. I looked outside at the pouring rain.

"Well isn't this just great." I went to put my hood up, realizing I didn't have my jacket with me.

I exhaled as I opened my car door. I ran to the front door. I fiddled with my keys trying to unlock the door. I stepped inside and locked the door. I looked down as I realized I was soaking wet and dripping water on the floor. 

I grabbed a towel from the kitchen, patting myself until I was damp. Then I cleaned up the mess of water on the floor.

"This is going to be a long night." I said as I realized I tracked mud into the house.