Chapter 5

Splashfawn thrusted her way through the crowd of her Clanmates to her father's bloodied and still body. She dropped down beside her father, burying her muzzle into his body's shoulder. Reefpatch and Yellowstar padded up behind her and laying down beside her. "He didn't deserve this... He meant too much to me." Splashfawn choked out in between sobs. "I know, deary, I know." Yellowstar replied in a soft, calm voice, trying to sooth Splashfawn. "FlurryClan deserves to be chased out of the terrain! For what they've done!" Splashfawn spat. "You're overreacting, if they leave it will cause more drama than there needs to be." Yellowstar pointed out. Splashfawn sighed. "You're right, I just need some time to myself." She said quietly, before trotting out of the camp. Reefpatch and Yellowstar exchanged worried glances before padding off into separate directions, Reefpatch following Splashfawn out of the camp. He lost sight of her for a couple minutes before spotting her sitting beside a small stream. "Splashfawn..." He murmured, trotting up beside her. "I wanted to be alone, Reefpatch..." Splashfawn muttered. "I'm sorry, I can't help but worry about you." He admitted. She looked up at him with a sad, mournful gaze, and a frown planted on her face. Reefpatch couldn't help but feel sad himself, she was the only cat he had left, she was his best friend. But he also loved her. He let out a soft sigh. "I need to tell you something, I've been wanting to tell you this for moons." Splashfawn tilted her head a bit, looking at him. "Splashfawn, I-I.. I love you." He said. Her deep blue eyes widened, before her gaze softened and she leaned towards him, licking his nose. Reefpatch let out a small gasp, not expecting that kind of reaction. "Reefpatch... I love you too, I'm surprised it wasn't obvious to you." Splashfawn chuckled lightly. The tom looked down, slightly embarrassed. Splashfawn smiled warmly at him. "Reefpatch?" He looked at her. "Yes, Splashfawn?" She sighed quietly. "Promise me you won't leave me like many have done before." Reefpatch smiled and nodded. "I promise. You have my word." "Thank you." She stood up. "We should head back, I'm sure Dustrain and Yellowstar are worried sick." Reefpatch nodded in agreement, before standing up also. The two trotted back to the camp, their tails intertwined and inseparable. As they padded into the camp, Yellowstar hurried towards them. "Splashfawn, are you alright? I've been worried out of my pelt!" Splashfawn chuckled. "Yes I'll be fine." The elderly leader sighed in relief, before speaking again. "I need to make a meeting, there's an apprentice that needs to be named as a warrior and we are in need of a new deputy." She stated. Splashfawn only nodded, as Yellowstar leapt up to her usual spot during the meetings. "All cats old enough to leap into the trees, gather beneath the Twigpile for a Clan meeting!" The Clan began to gather, Splashfawn and Reefpatch joining them and taking a seat. "We are here to celebrate the Warrior Ceremony of our loyal apprentice, Sunpaw. He has done so much good and fought well and bravely in battle, me and his mentor believe it is time for him to earn his warrior name." Splashfawn glanced over at the apprentice's mentor, Larkvalley, who was smiling with pride at her apprentice. "Sunpaw, step forwards." The Clan watched as the small tom took a few paw-steps forwards. "From this day forth, you shall be known as Sunbelly, your Clan honors you." The Clan cats chanted the new warrior's name. The leader spoke again. "We are also in need of a new deputy, so with that being said, I believe Ravenface will be the perfect choice as my deputy. He is strong, loyal, and a cat I have been around for to see grow up." The Clan chanted the name of the new deputy, Splashfawn and Dustrain's voices and chants sounding more quiet and sorrowful than the rest. "Meeting dismissed." Splashfawn trotted off, Reefpatch next to her. "Tomorrow's another day, huh." She sighed.

                                 A/N
I'm so glad I'm able to get this chapter up. Something I need to put out is that I will be going on vacation for a couple weeks and I'm leaving in less than a week. I won't have service most of the time so I won't be able to update until later on this month. Sorry for the inconvenience and have a great night, day, morning, etc.!