9

I yawned and pulled the blanket further over me.

Nice and warm...

Fingers ran through my hair and I groaned, batting the hand away.

"Come on Percy, wake up would you?"

Wait...

"Cam?" I rolled over so I could stare at him.

He grinned. "Good, you're not dead."

Sitting up, I continued to stare at him. He's wearing like three sweaters and-

"Where did you get tea at?" Not a single ice villain I know drinks tea. My mom and I like hot chocolate.

Leonard and Icicle Sr drink coffee. And I've never seen Cam drink any sort of hot beverage.

Also you probably noticed I left Freeze off that list. He drinks ice water, helps his body temperature stay lower.

"Leonard brought me some."

"Okay, why are you wearing so many sweaters?" I raised an eyebrow.

He sighed and sat the mug on my dresser. "You were almost dead Percy."

I could feel my eyes widen as my jaw went slack. "T-tell me you didn't do what I think you did."

"Would you have preferred to die?!" He stared at me.

I bit the inside of my lip, wrapping my arms around myself.

"Are you going to answer or- are...are you crying?" He reached out a hand to brush away the tears falling down my face but I flinched away.

"Just because-" My voice caught. " Just because I have heat doesn't mean I won't hurt you."

Cam sat on my bed. "What's wrong? You...you haven't had issues with me touching you before...this only started after you came back."

I looked at my hands to avoid looking at him, only to notice they were shaking.

"Please, talk to me." He took my hands, gently squeezing them.

"I...I don't want you to die. Not like them...not because of me." I swallowed the sob that tried to emerge.

"Like who?"

I shook my head and leaned towards him. Cam let go of my hands so he could hug me.

"It's okay Percy. I've got you." He spoke barely above a whisper, fingers running through my hair again.

Meanwhile, I pressed my face into his chest, my crying being absorbed by his sweaters.

"There you go...you're safe."

I tried my hardest to stop crying, which I did. Not that my body stopped shaking or anything but...I'll take what I can get.

Cam gently moved me away from his chest, resting his hand on the side of my face.

"You don't have to worry about me Percy. Heck, I'm the one who got you back here before you died."

My shoulders drooped and I rested my hand on his shoulder.

"I don't want to put people in danger..."

Rolling his eyes, Cameron stood up. "We're villains Percy. Putting people in danger is kinda the job."

Before I could reply, he picked me up and walked out into the living room.

"Put me down!" I struggled against him, but no luck.

Sitting on the couch he laid me so my head was on his lap.

"You're not going to let me move are you?" I asked, even though I know the answer.

He smiled down at me. "Come on, you used to let me throw you off of buildings. You can't tell me this is worse."

I sighed and just laid there, actually enjoying Cam running his fingers through my hair. It's nice to be able to...well relax isn't exactly the right word for it.

"I'm guessing I'm never getting my hoodie back."

"You know the rule. Honestly, I have so many of Leonard's coats."

"He buys them for you idiot. He knows that you tend to destroy or lose half the warm things you own."

"It's not my fault I get attacked a lot." My lips twisted into a grin.

Cameron suddenly grabbed my shoulders and pulled me up into a sitting position. "You need to be more careful. You're going to get yourself hurt really bad someday."

My mind drifted, but my smile didn't waver. "I know. But that's part of the job too."

"I'm not just talking about physically Percy. You're too trusting...you're an ice villain. Be a little more cold hearted. I just don't want you to fall in love and..." He trailed off.

"So are we not going to mention that little crush you had on the Martian?" I smirked.

His eyes widened. "How do you know about that?"

"You...you do realize my mom was her cellmate right? And she saw your expression after she froze her."

Mom likes giving me blackmail material, mainly cause I am great at using it. The Stolls taught me well.

He groaned and fell backwards. "This is totally embarrasing."

"I think it's cute. Who thought the cold hearted boy could be thawed by a Martian. And a hero at that." My smile only got wider.

I rubbed my eyes before yawning. "I think I'm gonna take a nap."

"Are you warm enough to?"

I stared at him for a second before shaking my head dismissively. "Cameron, I've been asleep."

He sat back up. "Okay let me be honest with you. You may or may not have given me slight hypothermia."

"Could have told you that would happen." I mumbled.

My friend ignored me. "But both your mom and Leonard told me I have to stay awake until they get back."

"What does this have to do with me taking a nap?"

"If I don't have someone poking me every two seconds I'm gonna be asleep faster than you could say frostbite."

I crossed my arms. "Are you saying I'm annoying?"

"No! You're just fun. Now come on, let's make some popcorn."

Oh great. Guess we're watching movies.

"Fine, but I get to pick. I am not watching Frozen again."

Hey

Howya doing

Got any ideas

And time for a completely shameless self promo that involves a chair

Please go read Concealing Shadows.

It's not a fanfiction but I'd appreciate it if you would go read it.

What's the chair for?

Oh, there's an invisible tiger and unlike a certain divorced evil scientist,  I'm prepared.

There's no self destruct button on my invisibility-anator

Anyway I forget if I asked

But ships?

Or at least what ships you think I'm going to do?

And...

Have fun watching the game tonight if you like football

I'm gonna have fun watching commercials

See yah