23

My fingers trailed along the words in the textbook as one of the kids in my class read out loud.

"Good job Patrick. Percy, can you read next?"

"Do I have to?"

"Yes."

I sighed. "Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades fought against their father, Kronos, and the other Titans. They freed the Hundred-Handed-Ones and the Elder Cyclops and why do we even need to learn this stuff? When am I ever going to use this in my life?"

"It can be very helpful to-"

"To what? Overthrow our parents who ate us right after we were born? Cause news flash, I don't think any kid in this room was eaten by their dad."

"Please sit back down or I will have no choice but to give you detention."

I frowned and looked down to see I had in fact stood up. Weird...

"I'm going to go to the bathroom." I walked to the door, ignoring Chiron's attempts to stop me.

I rushed to the bathroom, and once inside I splashed my face with water. My hands gripped the edge of the sink as I stared into the mirror.

I screwed up, big time. I'm only like that at camp and when dealing with the gods. At home and with the other ice villains I'm calmer. But here at school? I'm supposed to be a reformed bad kid. I'm supposed to be respectful and quiet and reserved.

I'm not supposed to draw attention to myself.

And what do I do? I draw attention to myself.

"I'm such an idiot." I mumbled. "Why...why would I do that?"

I sank to the floor and sat against the wall, taking deep breaths.

I sat there for five minutes before i got my answer. The entire building shook and a roar echoed.

Groaning I got to my feet. Why in Hades does this have to happen when I don't have my costume?

Well, at least I always wear hoodies. I pulled my hood up and ran through the building, fighting through the flood of students, before stopping in the office to cut the cables that ran to the security cameras. That was surprisingly easy cause you know the adults just kinda ran.

Before I cut the cables, I looked to see where the attacker was. The hallway by Chiron's room.

I sighed. Great.

I took off, blue spreading across my skin. I skidded to a stop as I saw Chiron firing arrows at a small drakon. Thalia and Nico were doing their best to help, but even a small drakon is hard to kill.

A grin spread across my face and I fired a blast of ice at it, freezing its mouth shut.

"What the- Blizzard?!" Thalia turned her bow on me.

"Oh hey random kids. Still don't remember your names. Did you ever tell me them?" I shook my head. "Never mind, just let me handle this."

"Why should we-"

"Trust me? You shouldn't but right now you look like you could use the help." I shot more ice at the monster, freezing it solid.

"Who are you?"

"Blizzard, centaur dude."

They stared at me with wide eyes and slack jaws.

I rolled my eyes. "My mom had a friend who had a demigod daughter. My mom can see through the Mist, so can I."

"Who's the demigod?"

"What?" I looked at Nico.

"Who's the demigod?" He glared.

I smirked. "I mean I thought you would have known. After all, you've been trying to get her to come after me. Say hi to Percy and KF if you see them."

I froze a barrier between the two of us before rushing outside to join up with the rest of my class.

"Percy, you okay?" Cam rushed over when he saw me.

"Give me your jacket." I pulled off my hoodie and tossed it at him.

"Why?"

"Cause I had to go help the stupid heroes out and they saw me in my hoodie." I whispered.

He nodded and shrugged out of his jacket before handing it to me. He tied my hoodie around his waist.

"You know you still have frost in your hair right?" He mumbled.

"I can pass that off as dust from the ceiling."

He rolled his eyes and pulled me to his chest. I wrapped my arms around him, my body shaking.

We stood like that until he pulled me away. "Your mom is here. Come on, let's go get some hot cocoa in you."

"Are you okay, Percy?" Mom mumbled, placing her hand on my shoulder.

"I'll be fine." I turned to smile. "Besides, school will probably end up getting cancelled for a little bit because of this."

"More time for us to hang out." Cam rested his chin on my head.

"Actually I was gonna hang out with Wally. I have to convince him that you aren't that bad of a guy."

"Um excuse you? That bad of a guy? Babe, I'm a supervillain. That's what I want to be."

"But you don't want to be that bad of a boyfriend." I rolled my eyes. "Now come on, I seriously want some hot chocolate after that."

I walked over to Mom's car and waited for her to unlock it before climbing in the passenger seat.

Me telling Nico that I know me is going to come back to haunt me. I know it is, but at least this way I might be able to get them to lay off.

After all, anyone I trust can't be that bad right?

Not gonna lie

I have a headache rn so I don't know what I just typed

All I know is it's around its usual length and I'm gonna go sit in the living room cause there's air conditioning.

See yah