Possible Friendship

*Leo*

Leo snapped his eyes away from Valentine, looking toward the door. He saw Piper peak her head, an apologetic look on her face for interrupting.

"Um, can we come in, Leo?" Leo glanced back at Valentine.

"Are you feeling good enough to meet two of my best friends?" Valentine turned her head in the other direction, looking towards the door. Piper waved awkwardly.

"We can come back later if-"

"N-No, it's fine." Valentine motioned for Leo's help, so he helped take off the ice packs and turn her over. She sucked in a breath, but Leo could tell it didn't hurt as much as before.

"Do you still want the ice packs?" Valentine nodded, struggling to sit up and lean on the pillow. Leo gently leaned her forward, placing the ice behind her back. After she laid back down, she motioned for Piper to come it.

Leo noticed that she looked kind of nervous, and she had to clench her fists whenever short waves of pain came.

"Hi! The names Piper. I'm a daughter of Aphrodite." Piper said as she walked in, her steps slow and a bit hesitant. Jason trailed behind her like a lost puppy, yet he still kept his 'cool and in charge' composure.

"Jason Grace, son of Jupiter." Valentine's head tilted a bit, but she flinched at the action.

"Jupiter? Shouldn't you be at the Roman Camp?" Jason chuckled awkwardly, putting his arm around Piper's shoulder.

"I chose to stay here with my friends. Well, and girlfriend of course." Valentine nodded, offering a small smile.

"Understandable. I'm Valentine. Daughter of Demeter." Leo noted that her voice was still a bit rough, and she looked uncomfortable. "What powers can you guys use?"

"I can use charmspeak."

"And I can control lightning and-"

"He can fly! He's basically the whole package!" Jason elbowed Leo's side at his sarcastic comment. Valentine snorted, sending Leo a fake glare.

"What about you, Christmas elf?" It was Piper and Jason's turn to laugh.

"Fire." He mumbled, face red from embarrassment.

"Don't forget you're an amazing mechanic. He can build practically anything." Piper boasted once calming down.

"Oh yeah, I am pretty great." He smiled cheekily, putting his hands on his hips. Valentine ignored him.

"What about you, Valentine? Do you have any powers?" She shifted uncomfortably at the question but managed to reply with a straight tone.

"I can grow plants, nothing special."

"What? Either you can also kill plants or those flowers died because they thought I smelt bad."

"Well, I suppose both of those are correct."

"Yeah I guess- hey!" The room was filled with laughter once more and Leo rolled his eyes. "Haha, very funny. Knock yourselves out, guys." No one started talking again until the laughter turned into small chuckles.

"So, are you feeling up to dinner?" Piper asked. Valentine squirmed in her bed, biting her lip.

"Um, maybe..." she adjusted the ice pack on her back.

"Oh, okay! I guess you probably need more rest."

Valentine moved her gaze from them for a second, "It's not that, I feel a lot better now." Leo gave her a confused look. Why was she acting so small now? Wasn't she just a super snarky and violent person just a few hours ago?