He straightened up,"It was part of the arrangement. I was born a little too early, but I was still assigned to you. I was homeschooled, but then started in your grade when you started school."

"How did you get away with that? And how do you look so young?"

"We have people on the inside, school principals,teachers, mayors. They all help. And hey I'm not that old."

I laughed a bit before adding,"I'm sorry, but I mean 5 years is 5 years."

He rolled his eyes,"Smh. One minute your young, looking good, then the next you're old, withering away."

"So who guarded my father and grandfather?"

His face grew serious again. "My grandfather was Fernando. He was protector of your grandfather. My dad was your dad's, but after the ...incident, he took over as your mom's. It's passed down."

"So if I have a child, your son would protect them?"

"In a sense, but I could also have a daughter, so she'd be a protector. Plus, if you have a lot of children, my cousins would be their protectors, but that's never happened."

"Why?"

He looked up at me and started walking towards me. He leaned against the wall.

"The royal family has only ever had one child, per generation."

"Hey, wait do I look like someone who would have a lot of kids?"

That definitely shocked him.

"I don't know Ro. You aren't one to follow traditions, per say."

"I have to ask. Did you like being my friend?"

"Ro of course I love being your friend. That part wasn't a job. I had to protect you but, going to the movies, the beach, ranting about which tv show was better *cough cough* Grey's Anatomy; I love doing that. Ro I...you mean the world to me."

He walked closer to me, his eyes eyes focused on mine.

"Rose." The way he said my name made me flush. I know my cheeks are red, they had to. I tensed up more as he came closer.

He gently grabbed my hands and pulled me closer, until were centimeters apart.

His voice was confident, but soft "All my life I have sworn to protect you. All my life has been revolving around you. When I was a kid, I have to admit, I didn't wanna spend time with a girl. When I was 5 your mom introduced you to me. She asked me to always be there for you, and I promised. As the years went by and we spent more time together, I felt closer to you. It got to the point where I did something no other protector has done or should do."

I asked under my breathe, "What was it?"

"I fell for the princess."

My heart is pounding so fast it's ready to burst. I can't think of anything to say. Julian likes me. JULIAN LIKES ME!

"Julian..you really-"

"Rose I am completely in love with you. I always have."

I took a step back,"But you dated other girls.."

"I know and that was stupid, but you are the princess. And I never thought you would like me too, until Maya told me."

"Why didn't you ever say anything before?"

He pushed a strand of hair behind my ear, and gently cupped my face.

"I guess the same reason you never told me."

His eyes glanced from mine to my lips, then back. I know what he wanted to do. He slowly closed the distance we had more, until we were chest to chest.

He leaned down slowly, still holding my face softly. We were mere seconds away, only seconds.

"Julian, wait."

I placed my hands on his chest, and looked up into his eyes. He already knew. He stepped back against the wall, looking towards the door.

"I guess I was a bit too late."

"Julian, I'm so sorry." A small tear fell from my eyes when I saw his own.

"Hope he knows what he has, and never let's you go."

I frowned at the thought of Luca.
"I'm nothing to him, just like he's nothing to me."

I sat down on the bed, covering my face with my hands. Julian came over and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Since I first found you two, it was obvious. You both are crazy for eachother. He does care about you, he wouldn't save you if he didn't."

I didn't answer.

"Ro saving you was a death sentence for him. If that's not love then I don't know what is."

I uncovered my puffy, red eyes, "Why does it hurt so much? Why couldn't I fall for someone else? Why couldn't it be you?"

I leaned my head on his shoulder, letting more tears fall. He didn't move until I was cried out.

"Talk to him Ro. Don't wait until it's too late."

I leaned over to hug Julian, thanking him again. A comfortable silence over the room. I think I'm finally starting to see him as my old friend. The guy I could trust with everything, my best friend. I had him back.

He got up to open the door. Just before walking out, he turned back around. "By the way I'm a eat your muffin, since you didn't want."

I looked at the table the muffin was on. That sneak stole my muffin.

"Hey no fair. Who said I didn't want it. It's food. I never say no to food."

He threw it back, while rolling his eyes. I stuck out my tongue, making him laugh, as he left the room.

Maybe I should listen to him. Maybe I should talk to Luca.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hayyyyoooo so the next part will probably be long too(more drama coming up) and will be in Luca's perspective again. Hope you enjoy! Also click the star if you like the story 😁 Thank youu.