Chapter 1

The sun was just barely beginning to peak over the horizon. The dim, dark clouds were beginning to turn light pink with flahes of yellow coming through. There was no one else there at the moment, and it was when the tranquility, and the sounds of gentle crashing waves could be appreciated.

Ro stepped out of the white Nissan, and paused for a quick second, looking up towards the sky. She had always loved the beach and anything that had to do with water.

The ocean breeze moved her dark, honey colored hair into her eyes. In the light it began to shine, and it almost appeared to have blonde streaks. She pushed her hair behind her ear and called out to her friends.

Julian had driven this time, since he had just gotten his license and he was extremely eager to use it. He was around 5'11, but if you ever got him angry he quickly appeared to be well over 6'. He had dark blue eyes, which contrasted with his completely black hair.

The last one in the group was Maya. She was around the same height as Ro, 5'8. She had dirty blonde, loose curls,and very faint green, hazel eyes. In school she always attracted the guys, but she never got back to them. She wasn't the type to settle down. She was adventurous and always dragged her friends along on crazy trips. Her pleading was what made her friends follow her through those moments, even though they knew they would regret it later.

Julian opened the trunk and grabbed the ice chest, umbrellas, and one of the bags Maya had packed. His face made a small frown as he picked the bag up and placed it on his shoulder.

"Jeesh Maya why are your bags always so heavy. You won't even need half of these things." Julian grunted slowly walking away from the trunk.

Maya huffed out in annoyance, "I do need everything. You can never be too careful."

Julian rolled his eyes saying, "Fine, whatever."

Maya softly punched his arm, grabbing her other bag and the towells. Ro just laughed quietly under her breath.

This was the last day of summer, and they planned to have the best day ever. They would be becoming Seniors tomorrow, knowing that meant more work, and teachers constantly telling them they 'we're almost adults so act like it'.

Maya chimed in practically squealing, "I can't wait to get in the water. I hope this time you might actually go in to the deep end Ro."

Julian laughed stating," Ha. I doubt it she's always too scared."

"Hey you never know what could be out there," Ro protested.

"There's your answer Maya."

Ro was about to say a comeback, but Maya stepped in changing topics. "Well I say me and Ro go change while you set up, Julian. Then you can go. Sound good?"

"Alright sounds good."

~~~~~~~~~~
The girls came back about 15 mins. later. Maya wore her pale pink bikini which had a halter top. The straps connecting in the middle with a gold ring.

Ro on the other hand was a bit more modest. She wore light blue shorts and a white tank top.

The girls were already done unpacking the food and Ro was busy making breakfast on the grill when Julian came back. She poured coffee for all three of them and handed them the muffins she had made. The good thing about your family owning a panaderia was having baked goods ready at all times.

When they were all finished the heat was finally starting. It was time to hed to the water before too many people arrived.

Julian and Maya quickly ran towards the water, squealing at the cold temperature. With a devious smirk on their faces they grabbed Ro by her arms and pushed her in to the water.

She splahed them back pulling Julian down with her. He immediately splashed her with more water. Then they both turned on Maya who was busy taking selfies. They pulled her down phone and all.

The day was filled with swimming,playing several rounds of volleyball in which Julian mainly won to no one's surprise, and sitting around the fire pit.

Julian started strumming his guitar and singing softly. Ro chimed in eventually something she could never hold back.

Maya wiggled her eyebrows at the pair, making Ro blush slightly. She always belived that Ro and Julian should date because of how strong their bond was. Ro knew that she had liked Julian at one point, but now their relationship wasn't romantic. He was someone she could always depend on for anything. Truly the best friend she could ask for and she wouldn't do anything that could push him away from her.

She looked over at her best friends with the largest smile. Everything felt so right in that moment. They had each other and that was all that mattered. She didn't know how the school year would go, but it didn't matter because she had them. She always would.