015

pls read the writers note at the end uwu

          "BUCK stop- James Buchanan!" I giggle as Bucky's hands roam freely up and down my sides as he gingerly kisses my neck from behind me.

My laptop sits comfortably on my lap as I attempt to complete my science essay, despite obvious distractions. Bucky only hums and kisses up my neck and nudging his nose softly onto my cheek, indicating he wants a kiss.

"I'll give you a kiss if you leave me be so I can do my work," I huff, taking my laptop off of my lap and turning to face him.

"I can't make any promises, Doll," he plays before placing his hands on either side of my face, kissing me softly and urging me to climb onto his lap as he pulls himself down to lie his head on my pillow.

Following his movements, I lean over him and refuse to break away from the kiss. My hands make their way into Bucky's thick locks as his hands snake around my waist.

"Is work that important?" Bucky murmurs against my lips and I break away momentarily and smile cheekily at him.

"What work?" I joke, before leaning back down and reconnecting our lips.

"Hey, Cee! Do you still have my— holy shit," Natasha waltzes into the room unannounced, causing me to quickly jump off of Bucky - but not quick enough for Natasha to be oblivious to what she walked in on.

"Your leggings? Yeah – here!" I laugh nervously, grabbing the perfectly folded pair of leggings that are sitting on my desk and handing them to Natasha.

"You wouldn't know about Wegner's Theory, would you? I have a science essay to write- you know what? Bruce should know! I'm gonna go ask Bruce-"

I jump from the bed and attempt to push past Natasha, who holds her arm firmly in front of me.

"What the fuck is going on between you two,"

"I don't know what you're talking about," I furrow my eyebrows and cross my arms over my chest, Bucky hums in agreement.

"Don't play-"

"You know what else I don't know anything about? Wegner's Theory. Excuse me Natasha," I ask her to move out of my way and she acts as if she doesn't hear me.

"If you guys don't tell me what the fuck is going on, I'll beat it out of you-"

"That's not very nice-"

"Not you, Cass, just Bucky,"

"Oh, okay. That's fine,"

"Wow, Doll,"

"Doll?"

Bucky ignores Natasha and in turn, I ignore Bucky. Turning to Nat, I plead at her with my eyes.

"Please don't tell Dad,"

"Oh. So this is secret secret,"

Natasha looks at Bucky for an answer, he lies down on my bed and shrugs.

"Whatever, just use protection," Natasha smirks, nudging me lightly before I shove her aggressively out of my room.

"What are you, 12?" I gasp, and I listen to Nat laugh as she walks to the elevator.

-

"Halloween is soon, and you know what that means!"

"Costumes!" I excitedly exclaim, throwing my hands up.

"Big ass party!" Dad cheers at the same time and both of us furrow our eyebrows at each other.

"Oh," we bow our heads in unison.

"Not where I was expecting that to go,"

"You aren't seriously throwing a party?" I whine, slouching back down in my seat.

"If I make it a costume party will you stop complaining?" Dad throws his head back, attempting to compromise as he catches a glimpse of his future. Full of complaints. From me.

"Complain about what?" I beam up at my Father, sitting up straight.

"Are you talking about Halloween? That's not for another two months," Steve walks in and sits down next to me, his arm hovering lazily on the cushioned backing of the couch behind me.

"Yeah? As we said, soon,"

"You're unbelievable," Steve shakes his head at us, mostly Dad. Seeing as he's in his forties and all.

"I already know what I'm dressing up as," Dad winks at me.

"What?" I excitedly lean forward, eager to hear what Dad has to say.

"It's a surprise,"

"You can't do that!"

"Oh yes I can,"

"Well... Then my costume is a surprise too!"

"You have no idea what your costume is,"

"No. No I don't,"

-

Last night Peter and I took it upon ourselves to silly string every camera on my floor, much to the protests of Steve.

Well, anticipated protests. We haven't told him.

He'll figure it out sooner or later.

So right now, with all cameras decked in silly string, I confidently make my way over to Bucky, who sits leisurely on the couch reading the New York Times I had left on the counter after reading it myself this morning.

Plopping myself down next to him, I gingerly kiss him on the corner of his mouth.

And then he... flinches?

Furrowing my eyebrows at him, I'm instantly worried.

"Buck, are you okay?"

"Yeah," he chuckles, straightening up the paper in his hands. "Why?"

His hand makes his way onto my thigh.

Did he even notice?

I'm gathering he notices my worried expression and it's his turn to become concerned.

"Are you feeling okay?" He stares down at me, looking into my eyes with his brows furrowed.

"No... Yeah, I'm fine," I smile up at him.

I'll ignore it for now, he'll tell me when he wants to.

"Just homework," I continue, chuckling slightly because I do have a lot of schoolwork to tackle this weekend.

"Well I'll make you a tea while you bring your lap-top thing and your books inside and then you can get to work,"

I look at Bucky, smile at him and nod.

"Okay,"

ok so i know im a bitch for not posting but year 11 is HARD YO like this chapter is ugly im super duper sorry but we're leading into sum interesting shit oooo

also im thinking ab uploading one of those ~backstory~ chapters like super duper soon like tomorrow? yall want that?

i also have writers block oop so if u want anything specifically now's the time uwu!

would also like to use this time to mention that i love when u comment on the chapters im trying to respond to some now to procrastinate writing so pls comment more it makes me remember that this book exists while im drowning in assignments <3
like straight up if u like this book enough to reread if (do yall do that? i love yall) leave comments i !!love!!that!! gives me motivation!

big love and see u next time!