Chapter 50- Drama, Drama, and More Drama

Start from the beginning

"Not a problem, I see two empty seats way in the back."

"Well I wanted to sit with Janet..." her voice trails off.

"Janet seems to like where she's sitting already."

And it's true. She's seated between Marlon and Whitney Houston, smiling and seemingly having a good time.

Alondra doesn't say anything, just starts heading to the back toward the empty seats. I follow closely behind her and sit after she does.

While we wait for the lights to go off, I start making some conversation.

"So, how is work?"

"Fine. You?"

"It's okay, I've been quite busy record-" I then stop myself, remembering what happened at the recording studio, Tatiana, Alondra... the whole thing.

"Recording? That's good. I'm waiting for another one of your hits." She says.

"Thanks," I say. I'm a bit saddened that she's talking to me like she's just a fan. Like we didn't have anything but in reality we had everything.

Alondra nods and then says, "Where's the popcorn?"

I giggle. Its clear that she hasn't been to one of these before.

"There's no popcorn or snacks at movie premieres... Alondra."

I pause and force myself to say her name and not sweetheart. Calling her that has become second nature, just like how I feel about music.

"Oh, okay." She takes her bottom lip into her mouth and protrudes it out again mindlessly, her lips making a popping sound.

I look at her as her eyes scan the theater. Her effortless sexual attraction is something that still drives me insane. She doesn't need to do anything. All I have to do is look at her.

The lights then dim down and the screen starts to show the opening credits, and the movie starts.

--

Alondra's POV

'Leave Me Alone' completely blows my mind. It's insane how ahead of its time the video is. I love it so much.

Michael and I haven't talked or looked at each other since the movie started. Well, he's looked over at me a couple of times but that's all.

I sit there next to him, arms crossed and eyes wide, soaking in the genius that is Moonwalker.

I then feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn my head to Michael.

"Yeah?"

"You wanna get out of here?" He whispers.

"You want to leave." I state and he nods. "I can see the headlines now: Michael Jackson flees his own movie premiere with ex-girlfriend."

He giggles silently. "I just want some fresh air."

"Okay. I'm all for air."

"And you're not my ex," He mumbles, but I ignore it.

Then he leads me out of the theater and outside. There, cold October air hits us and I start to shiver.

"You alright?" Michael asks.

"Dandy," I answer and sit on a brick ledge that lines the beautiful theater. He sits next to me.

"Do you want to talk?"

"I came here, I've been talking to you the whole night. If I'm not walking away right now, then I don't mind talking to you."

His black hair, his curls, blow all around his head as he rests his hands on either side of him.

"I want to explain to you that I didn't cheat."

I can't run away. I've been doing it for so long, and that's over.

"I'm all ears," I say quietly.

"Well," Michael swallows, "Tatiana and I dated for a while and I broke things off without giving her a reason. She said she was hopelessly confused as to what she did wrong and why we lost what we had. I was embarrassed and a bit ashamed to admit to her why I ended us."

"What was the reason?"

"I was.. blinded by lust." He gulps. "It was fueling our relationship but then the gas went out. When we weren't intimate, I had never felt farther from a person."

He continues. "Then I met you. You were completely different," he says.

"That's why Tatiana came into the picture while we were together. She just wanted closure and I didn't know how to give it to her.

"I thought about giving her goodbye sex while we were together. Just to really end things. Wasn't such a bad idea, not even now. I mean, your body and Tatiana's are quite similar..."

My eyes widen and I feel the stitches of my fragile and mending heart being ripped open again with pain.
Did he really just say that to me??

I get up with angry tears welling in my eyes.

"You bastard! So our bodies are similar and that makes it an okay idea to have sex with another woman while you still had a girlfriend?!"

He doesn't say anything, he looks startled, maybe because he didn't even intend for that to spill out of his mouth.
But it did.

"And to think I was warming up to you! I thought.." I shake my head, "I thought we would get back together! I have to be so stupid and naive! So maybe this is why our relationship seemed so fake. Too good to be true? Because it was!"

"No, it wasn't! I didn't mean--"

"Or course you didn't mean it! You don't mean anything you say. You don't mean it when you told me all those times that you loved me, were you just thinking about Tatiana's body? Fuck you! This is why! I don't want you near us, ever!" I scream and start running away.

It's what I do best.

"Us? Alondra! Watch where you're going!" Michael warns and bolts after me.

"Don't act like you care!" I say, tears blinding my eyes that I can't see where I'm going at all.

The only thing I hear and remember is a loud honk of a car and a blood-curdling scream behind me from Michael.

It's dark and quiet after that.

--
Chapter 50

For those of you who wanted drama... here it is!

Vote

Comment

Share

~Joy ✌️