Chapter 49- The Red Carpet

Chapter 49

It's been two weeks since Michael left that rose on the grass. Of course, right after he left I rushed outside to grab it. It looked like it was freshly picked for me, and I got a vase of clean water for it, not wanting it to die because I fear that I'll die along with it.

I picked up a job at a local community center as an art instructor for young children under ten. According to Michael, I'm good at art and I absolutely adore children. What job could be better?

I'm now five weeks pregnant. I get tired more often, my morning sickness continues and I also have to use the bathroom frequently. My baby bump isn't showing.. yet. But once it does, the media will have a field day with it. They already are with me and Michael's breakup.

I find myself constantly thinking about him. Does he still talk to Tatiana? Who will the baby look more like, him or me?

His movie, Moonwalker, is coming out at the end of this month. The premiere for it is tonight and apparently there's going to be a bunch of people invited, but they can only attend if they are invited by Michael directly.

Not that I care.

Janet got my things from Neverland a few days ago, so I'm officially broken up with Michael. No connection, except the fact that we're going to have a baby together.

Nothing else.

The kids are now working on their Halloween projects. Some are making ghosts, pumpkins, goblins, and other scary artwork to hang around the room.

"Will you please play Thriller? You can't have Halloween without that song," One of the talkative kids, Sydney says.

"I would, but its a Michael Jackson song, and he and I aren't exactly on good terms." I say.

From behind my easel, I hide Michael's journal (my journal) and make another portrait of him. I'm on my sixth one.

I'm not obsessed.

"Wait a sec, you know Michael Jackson?" She asks.

You have no idea.

As I'm about to answer, he himself walks in.

"Yes, she does know me." His soft voice says.

My eyes shoot to him. How did he know I'm here?

"And she's going to have a private talk with me."

At this point, all the fifteen children in the room have their jaws dropped to the floor.

Then, my co-worker Anya bolted toward me, not even noticing Michael in the room.

"Okay," she says, trying to catch her breath, "don't freak, but Michael Jackson is here and he wants to see you."

I nod. "I know that," I gesture toward him weakly. "He's right here."

"How are you not screaming your head off right now? What is wrong with you!" She hisses.

I roll my eyes. "I know him."

"And you didn't tell me? Eeee!" She squeals.

"Yeah, well I'm at work right now--"

"Go! I'll take over the class until you come back. Just go!" She says, jumping excitedly as she literally shoves me out the door.

We go outside and Michael tries to take hold of my hand but I quickly recoil.

"Sweetheart, listen."

"No, you listen. Like I said, I'm at work right now, so you need to hurry this up."

"Okay. I want you to come to the premiere of my movie."

I look at him for a moment. "We all want things, Michael."

"Alondra, please. If no one came I wouldn't care, but I want you to be there."

I cross my arms and stay silent, looking at the ground. After a long time of silence, I look up again.

"I'm not giving you an answer right away."

He sighs disappointedly. "Please, don't rule it out. I want you there. Since you said you're working when you're actually just making doodles of me in my journal that you stole, I won't keep you for long. And I hope to see you tonight."

Michael gives me a charming and almost amused smile at my act that I thought was hidden.

Then, what he does next catches me off guard. He gives me a kiss on my hand, his warm lips on my skin. He lets my hand fall to my side as he turns and saunters away.

--

Back at Janet's house, I tell her what happened, and how Michael came to me.

"Well, you're obviously going because I am." She says.

"But I don't want to."

"Lies." She shakes her head.

"I have nothing to wear." She then grabs my hand and drags me to her huge closet. "I'm sorry, what?"

I groan and sit on a chair in the closet as Janet claws through all of her priceless and royal clothes.

"No, that's too sexy. That's too loose, this is too dark... Hmm, this should be your size, perfect!" She smiles and holds out a beautiful gold gown.

It has one sleeve and white embroidery on the waist, and the bottom cutting will show my left leg. It's daring, yes, but I want to have Michael's goggling eyes on me. I can picture it now.

"That's perfect, thank you. What will you wear?"

"Some blue dress I'll find. Don't worry about me. We need to get you ready!"

--

Michael's POV

I must look like an idiot, I'm looking around too much. For her.

"She isn't coming bro. The red carpet started at 9. It's 10:30," Marlon says.

And he might be right. All of the guests are here except for her and Janet. Where are they?

"Michael!" Elizabeth comes up to me. "The movie will start soon. Come on."

"Yeah, I was just looking for someone..." I let my voice trail off as a limo pulls up.

And she steps out.

Oh my god. Oh heavens, I'm praying for my knees not to give out on me.

--

Chapter 49

What do you guys think will happen?

Oh and yes, I knew I had to update because TODAY IS MIKEY BABY'S BIRTHDAY! So enjoy this loves! And if you want to, comment what you did for his birthday! Happy 56th baby ❤️

Vote

Comment

Share

~Joy ✌️