Before I reach the top, I hear my parents murmur, and I hope they're just talking on that couch. I'm never sitting on that couch again.

I quickly head outside and get in the passenger seat of Valerie's car.

"I don't think your other friends are gonna fit in here," Colette says when she sees all the seats taken.

"Sebastian and his sister will meet us there," I say.

Sebastian:

You better be on your way 😐

We are 🙄
Be prepared to lose

When we get to the venue, we see Sebastian playing air hockey with his sister. He gets distracted when we make eye contact, and his sister shouts, "I win!"

He tears his eyes away when she scores, and I cover my mouth from smiling. Sebastian walks towards me and mumbles, "That was a warm-up."

"Sure," I say with a smirk.

I turn my attention to his sister, and she asks, "Are you Piper?" I nod, and she says, "You're right. She is pretty!"

I glance back at Sebastian and see him purposely talking to Victor to hide his expression. But his ears are a light pink shade, giving away that he heard.

"Not as pretty as you," I say, complimenting her pigtails.

"Are you going to join my team so we can defeat my best friend?" I ask.

"You know it." She says, evilly clapping.

Colette moves over to where I stand and says to Sebastian's sister, "I love your necklace!"

"Thank you! I love your shoes." She says, smiling. "I'm Savannah."

"I'm Colette. I can tell we're going to be best friends." Colette says, linking her arms through Savannah's. I wish making friends was that easy.

While the kids start to talk, Sebastian stands up from his conversation with Victor, and I cross my arms. "You've been talking about me to Savannah?" I question.

"Don't believe her. Little sisters are always evil." He says jokingly.

I laugh and say, "True, those two constantly roast me."

Valerie comes over and excitedly says, "I have the wristbands!"

"Thank you again for letting my sister and I hang out with you guys," Sebastian says, taking two wristbands.

"No problem! Any friend of Piper's is a friend of mine." She says, winking at me.

I roll my eyes, and she hands all of us our wristbands. Once we're all ready, we line up for laser tag. "Who is on my team?" Valerie asks.

"Me!" Sebastian and Ivy say at the same time.

"Seb!" I say, offended.

"It's nothing personal. I just want to kick your a-butt." He says, looking at Colette and Savannah.

"Don't worry, sis. You have us!" Colette says with Savannah beside her.