Chapter 3

It's really difficult for Mer to stay strong and survive a whole day at school while her brother could be in serious trouble. I told her that after school I would go with her at her house and maybe search her brother's room together for any hints that will show us where he has gone.

The school is finally over for me while Mer had finished earlier. We have agreed to meet at the nearby park so I start walking towards it.

After five minutes of walking I arrive to the park but I can't see Mer anywhere. I decide to wait before I call her to check if she is alright. I get easily bored so I start pacing back and forth impatiently. As I walk I suddenly see Mer behind a tree. I think she is talking to someone but I can't see clearly from where I stand so I decide to get closer.

Mer is talking to a tall boy just about her brother's age. I haven't seen him before and I'm pretty sure she hasn't either because she seems really uncomfortamble while talking to him.

So many thoughts cross my mind and I really want to go there and ask who is he but I manage to control myself. I sit on a bench and pretend that I haven't seen them.

After some minutes I see Mer walking towards me. She seems really upset but tries to hide it as she forces a smile and waves at me when she gets closer.

I wonder if she is planning to tell me about that mysterious boy she was talking to so I decide not to ask her yet.

"Mer, do you still want me to come to your house?" I ask and she nods.

We are heading towards her house and she hasn't said a word all the way through. I don't think she is going to tell me about that boy and that frustrates me. We are really close friends and we have always told each other many secrets, if not all of them.

I remember keeping from her only a few secrets that was family issues and my parents wouldn't let me tell anyone. I really want to know who that boy was and why she is not telling me anything so I can't stop myself from asking.

"Umm.. Mer?"

"Yeah." She mumbles.

"I saw you talking to that boy before, in the park, and I just haven't seen him before so I wanted to ask.. who was he?" I tell her.

Her face takes a weird expression something between guilt and surprise but she quickly replies: "It was no one just a classmate.. uhh no a friend of my brother's"

"Okay, then" I tell her but I'm not really pleased or convinced by her answer. But I see that she doesn't want to talk about it so I just decide to not ask her any more questions because I know she is going through a lot.

I try to get this out of my head but for the rest of the way I can't stop thinking and questioning. Why is she suddenly keeping secrets from me? Who was that boy? And most importantly where has her brother gone?

A/N~ Plz excuse my grammar mistakes!!