The Straight Girl

I go to a public school in Wisconsin. I have a few friends, but not many. I went to my classes, hanging my head and ignoring everybody. But one day, I decided not to. And that was the day. The day I saw her. And by her, I mean the prettiest girl I have ever seen. Everything about her was perfect. Her long brown hair, her perfect brown eyes. Even her name. Madison Brown. She was like an angel that had gracefully fallen from heaven. She was in my school, thankfully. Some days, I would just look at her longingly. We had a few classes together, so I wouldn't even go three periods without seeing her. All the boys wanted her, yet she seems uninterested... mostly. But she barely even knew of my existence. I was the kind of chubby weird girl in school who's a nerd. But that didn't stop me from liking her. All I wanted to do was walk up and just say hi, but I could never muster up the strength to do so. I would make up plans just to talk to her, but I never carried through. I would tell my friends that I was going to talk to her one day, and then never do it. I let down their hopes each time, like the boy who cried wolf. They eventually stopped believing that I would actually do it when I told them. And I guess they were right.