Pack

The day after Bella and I's tragic birthday the Cullen's were nowhere to be found. There lunch table was empty.

I left school early and decided to go see Emily but I had to stop home first to get the pendent I wanted to show Sam.

I walked upstairs and into my room and saw Edward standing in Bella's.

"I guess coward runs in the family." I said bluntly from the doorway.

"Zoe it's bett-" Edward said but I cut him off.

"Oh go feed your bull to someone who's stupid enough to believe it." I said and walked into my room to grab the necklace sadly Edward followed.

He went to say something but when I turned around I put my hand up to stop him.

"If you leave stay gone got it. I want nothing to do with you and your problematic family." I said and walked down the stairs. I felt him following behind me so I stopped and turned around.

"And when I do turn Bella and I,  will you will still continue to stay gone?" I said and opened the door but he sped behind me shutting the door.

"You can't turn her." He sneered.

"And who's gonna stop me?" I said with a smirk. "The way I see it Bella and I are all alone in this so it's her choice." I said pushing him back.

"You'll break the treaty if you bite her." Edward said and I let out a laugh.

"I'm family to them. They don't turn there back on family. Something you wouldn't know about." I said before speeding out of the house and towards Sam's.

When I got to the treaty line I came face to face with a wolf. His colors were almost a ombré of black and grey and yet the combined weirdly beautiful.

He inhaled my scent and then realization hit him. This was the girl Sam thought about. This is the Queen of the pack.

He quickly ran behind a tree and shifted back. He came out from behind the tree wearing only a pair of jean shorts.

"You must be Zoe." He said running a hand through his hair.

"Yeah that's me. So which one are you." I said and he chuckled.

"Paul.?" He said almost as a question.

"Ah the hothead. Good to know." I said and he let out a laugh.

"You think you got me all figured out don't you?" He said with a smirk.

"I know enough." I said as we began walking towards Emily's.

"Your not the only one with information." He said and I looked to him confused.

"Tribrid, Mated to a bloodsucker, Sam's best friend." Paul explained.

"Cullen and I are done and I'm Sammy's best friend." I said and he smiled.

"Yeah his only friend." He said and I smiled.

"Fun. I gotta go see Emily and you got a perimeter to defend so I'll see you." I said.

"Bye." He waved and I sped off.

I took a deep before knocking on the door. Emily almost immediately opened the door and the smile grew on her face.

"Happy Belated Birthday." She gushed and wrapped me in a hug. "I made a cake. The boys kept trying to eat it but I fought them off." She said with a chuckle.

"What's wrong hunnie." She said when she realized my expression.

"They left me." I said as a tear slipped.