Chapter 1

WHEN THE SUNRISE FADES – HYUNCHAN

     It was a normal day today for Hyunjin, and just like every other day, "Go! Go! Go!" he can hear the kids playing at the park with their cheerful giggles, while him, he was just sitting in a corner alone, hugging his knees that were kissing his chest. He liked watching them. He liked observing people around. Or just maybe, watching them makes him calm and feel at ease. Hyunjin was beckoning, but he looked frail, hence, others find him dull. But he wasn't, Hyunjin is the type of person who does not easily give up, he lives his life to its fullest making him not regret a single thing. He usually is a happy-go-lucky kid, but he never liked socializing, hence, he ended up being alone, having no friends. Or so he just thought.

     Soon, he realizes it was not a normal day today. The amount of people at the park increased, and so he rummages his eyes through the surroundings of the park and noticed that one guy who was sitting at the corner, and for some reason he resonates him. Or is it just because he was also watching the kids play and is positioned the same way he is. As Hyunjin observed him, he thinks that this guy's ambiance was clad in sullenness, as it felt dark and gloomy. And as the time runs, the clouds became dark and lonely, it's as if they were feeling the same as Hyunjin. Soon, the cheerful park gushed silent. The kids that were playing earlier were all gone, leaving Hyunjin alone that made him lethargic. He snuggles his head between his knees. The breeze was cold and is greeting his skin. But he was not bothered of it, he didn't even quiver a bit. Or maybe he was just used to it.

     The park was shut silent. It was the kind of silence that your ears start to feel pain, a great epitome of being a deaf. But thanks to the wind, it didn't really nag his ears. But he still describes the atmosphere as silent. Soon, soft rain started to pour as Hyunjin's tears started to fall. It has always been like this, everyday feels empty and spiritless. Since when? He thought. It continued raining as his tears continued to pour. He sighed heavily under his tears, it feels lonely crying alone. The clouds were still pouring tears, they were dark and as if they were feeling Hyunjin. It was as if they were empty too.

     And soon enough, when he was already tired, he stopped pouring tears and same goes for the clouds. All of a sudden, the atmosphere at the park became warm for some reason...

     "In the midst of rainy season, today after the rain, a lukewarm wind blows through the quiet night streets. Summer draws near." Hyunjin was suppressed as he heard the low, but beautiful voice that was singing. Its accent was unique and Hyunjin already liked it. Slowly, he raises his head. A figure that can be seen standing is beside the tree, and Hyunjin was able to tell it was looking at him.

     After a moment of silence, staring at each other dumbly, Hyunjin smiled and avoided his gaze, and for some reason butterflies were inside his stomach because of a figure. The figure continued to sing not caring about Hyunjin anymore, "I want to live peacefully, we should be able to do that. No maybe we can't. But If I could just be with you, I think that would be enough."

     For some reason, Hyunjin smiled and unexpectedly, he started to sing cutting off the figure that seems to be a boy, "When the wind blows strong enough to rustle my bangs, I won't be led astray anymore. We don't know where the end of the earth is. Or how to live without carrying sadness with us." Hyunjin smiled feeling the scenery. And slowly, the figure approached him slowly, and Hyunjin continued. "I had a dream that courage is waiting in the place we're aiming for. And when I obtain it, all of this will end. I am sitting on my knees on the ground when the wind roars again. It pushes me forward."

     The moonlight shone down to the figure's face, who happens to be a boy. He was beautiful. His eyes sparkled as the moonlight shone down on it. His lips were good-looking, it was tinged in pink. His nose was perfect. And the way he smiled at Hyunjin the moment they saw each other can't be explained in words. Over-all he was more than perfect for Hyunjin. But Hyunjin himself thinks of himself as a drenched paper under the rain, which happens to be him right now. Drenched.

     "You're... soaked from the rain." His voice was tinted with concern. Hyunjin looked miserable.

     "It's okay," Hyunjin looked down and smiled, "I'm already soaked anyways." He looked up to the stranger again. And as the stranger saw how Hyunjin smiled even broke his heart. He pitied him. But he can't do anything about it, so the least he can do is just to sit beside him.

     "What's your name?" The stranger smiled as he asked it, trying to start a conversation.

     "Hwang Hyunjin." He smiled.

     "Hwang Hyunjin, huh. Beautiful name..." He smiled back. Hyunjin giggled quietly, still not looking at each other.

     "How about you? What's your name?" Hyunjin backfired the question as he looked at the sky.

     "The name is Christopher but call me Chan instead of that." He chuckled, and Hyunjin finds it adorable.

     "If you said so..." Hyunjin smiled sweetly. A smile full of subtle charm.

     "I didn't expect you would do that. I thought you would find me weird and scurry away." Chan softly laughed.

     "I did find you weird though, but your voice was beautiful so it's an exception." By that, Chan laughed and so is Hyunjin.

     The coldness at the park was gone, but the fact that Hyunjin is drenched will not go away. Gladly, Hyunjin was clever to think that he would get a cold if he does not change quickly. And by that...

     "Can you... wait for me here?" Hyunjin asked Chan.

     "Hmm? Sure." Chan smiled and Hyunjin cannot deny that he already liked it, and somehow can be the cause of his death.

     Hyunjin scurried away to his house and quickly changed the clothes he is wearing. Fixed his hair, drank water and returned to the park. As he reached back, he saw Chan laying at the clean, green grass, safe and sound. Hesitating, he just stood there looking at Chan, who is gazing at the sky.

     "Look at the sky, stars are scattered." Chan smiled, "And the fact that it's scattered what makes it beautiful."

     "Mhm," He shifted his gaze at the sky and hummed in response, meaning of agreement, "Isn't it amazing? Sometimes It's the imperfect stuff that makes things perfect." Hyunjin smiled and Chan felt and knew how beautiful it is.

~*~

To be continued...

-

A/N:

Please note that I'm not professional in writing. Mistakes are bound to happen and corrections are very welcome.

Hello folks, this is the first story I'll be making for Stray Kids, or more like for Hyunchan, to be exact. Forgive me if the plot is shitty, but nonetheless I will be writing this for everyone who thirsts for Hyunchan just like me. Hehe.