t w e n t y s i x : humorous eyes

Start from the beginning

"Don't think I won't punish you for that later," He mumbles as we walk out of the building. My eyes widen as I look up at him. "Please don't," He laughs evilly as we round the corner, and get closer to his car.

"How do you know Tyler?" He finally asks. I was waiting for him to ask, and I've been preparing myself to answer. But as I look into his forest pools, the plan is gone. "He was the one ex I told you about at my mom's house." Aiden's eyes widen. "That scumbag was your ex? God, no wonder you punched him, god I hate him." Aiden says as he opens my door for me. He gets in himself and we start driving back. "How do you?" I ask.

His body freezes. I can tell he's trying to see what'd happen if I found out. "Remember that one day I came to your model thing covered in cuts and bruises?" My heart rate quickens ever so lightly. "Yeah?" He shakes his head. "I can't believe I'm telling you," He whispers as we slow down to a stop on the side of the road.

"I'm an illegal fighter. Fistfights mostly, but in an underground boxing ring. Yes before you ask, Alex knows about it. He's my manager and nurse. I haven't had any fights in a while because someone snitched four days before a huge fight I had. It'll probably resume soon. Anyway, Tyler and I are rivals. We're both the top fighters and we're always fighting to see who's better. Why he's here I don't know, but he's been in Manhattan for a while now." He said it so casually like it was the most normal thing ever. His eyes drop to his lap as his expression falters.

"Please don't think differently of me. I never told you because I was afraid you'd leave, and Munchkin, it's pretty clear I need you in my life, whether it's in just a friendship or relationship." On normal circumstances, I'd blush, but I close my eyes trying to let everything soak in. So the guy I was interested in, fights my ex in an underground boxing ring, and the same guy has been fighting for a while. My ex also lived about twenty minutes away and this is all illegal.

"How often do you get hurt?" He looks at me weirdly but straightens his posture. "Rarely. I'm pretty skilled and the occasions when I do get beat up, are when I'm distracted or someone is better than me." I smile faintly, always so cocky. "How often do you usually fight?" He shrugs. "Whenever they're desperate. Usually once or twice a week. Mostly on Friday nights, some on Saturday nights." I nod.

"I'm going to start coming," I say allowed. His eyes widen and he faces me. "No, Munchkin you can't. The people that go there make Tyler look like a bee. Many fighters are in some type of gang, cliche yes, but they are, and when the fighter loses the members get pissed. If you weren't a fighter, your safety was pretty non-existent. I do not, want that for you." I shake my head. "I'm an adult, I can handle myself. But I want to come, I need to see you in action."

"Why?" Why? Why did I 'need' to see him brutally beating another human being? A part of me couldn't believe this until I saw it. Another part wanted to start being there for whenever he got hurt. I look at him and close my eyes lightly. "Because," He shakes his head.

The car starts moving once more and I open my eyes. "That isn't an answer." I shake my head. "I can't answer you completely. Just know I'm coming from now on." His jaw clenches, but we take a left and start driving onto the freeway. After about ten minutes he lets out a long sigh. "If you get attacked, or hurt, you won't get to come again." I look at him with a big smile. "Deal!" He lets out a defeated laugh as I smile wider.

"That's actually really cool though. Not often will you come across someone who fights illegally."

Aiden's POV

I'm glad she's slowly accepting the idea of it. I honestly thought she'd hate me for keeping it from her, or for putting my life at risk. That she'd even never talk to me again. But as usual, her kind heart surprises me. She continues to ramble as I smile and just continue our journey home. Some of her favorite songs come on and she belts them out without a care in the world. In my eyes, this was the best version of her. She was happy, free, and couldn't give two shits. I hum along to a song that was playing on the radio. She hums with me. I look at her and we smile.