chapter 10

sorry it took so long, readers. It's been a hectic few weeks. I hope you like this one! :)

enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hand me my veil, Fiyero! "

"Why? Where are you going?"

"I told you, I'm going to save Glinda."

"Darling, it will take you days to travel by carriage from here to where she is."

"That's why I'm taking my broom. Do you really think I'd go any other way?"

Fiyero says nothing.

Then all at once.

"But you could be spotted. Or killed. How are you even supposed to travel now...everyone thinks you are dead."

"I shall travel by night. No one will see me. I'll get there by tomorrow morning. That's why I'm packing now, so I can leave tonight."

"I know I can't tell you to stay, but please be careful. I won't lose you."

"Fiyero, I'll be fine. Don't worry. Glinda needs me. I'm going to be there."

"Elphaba, do you care about me at all!?"

"Excuse me?"

"I feel like you care about Glinda more than you do me..."

"Look, I love Glinda. Imagine if someone you cared about did this. If I did this.  She almost DIED. She has part of my heart and I have a part of hers. She thinks I'm no longer alive. Part of her heart is dead, in her mind, since I'm a part of her. I need to be with her. I need my sister back."

The smell of burning flesh came up like a silent killer in the dead of night.

"Elphie", Fiyero went forward and brought his hand towards her face to wipe her tears.

"No! leave me be! Get out of my sight. I'll see you when I return from visiting Glinda."

He said nothing as he walked out of the room and slammed the door shut.

Elphaba fell on the floor and curled herself up. She allowed the tears to turn into blood as they dripped down her face and settled into a puddle.

She thought to herself shamefully, "I love Glinda. I want her." She continued to cry. She wanted to hurt herself. She welcomed the pain like an old friend.

"I'm supposed to love Fiyero. That's the way it was meant to be. Why do I love Glinda this much? Is it just my emotions running haywire, or has this beeen building up in my heart since the day I met her so long ago at school?"

She cried until the sun started dissapearing.

"Great Oz!", Elphaba exclaimed as she picked herself up off the floor. She was covered in blood from her face all the way to the middle of her dress. Her face stung like hell on Earth. It was raw. Under her green tint, small patches of pink were showing through like flowers on the lush hillside. The floor looked like a murder scene.

"I have to get myself cleaned up. The floor, too."

She walked to the bathroom and thought about leaving the light off. She didn't want to see her mutilated face.

She turned the light on anyway.

"Goodness me...I look awful."

She felt more tears rising to the surface, but controlled them enough to not let them fall and hurt her even more. They burned her eyes.

She grabbed a white rag that was hung over a rack and put a small amount of oil on it, for water would make me everything worse. It was made of the softest material, but when she put it against her face to clean it and started to pull it back away, it felt as if her face had meshed to the towel and her skin was being peeled off. Like plucking feathers off of a bird.

Her face was on fire and it looked like a cat mauled her from the bottom rim of her eyes all the way down to her chin. Her eyes were red, but she pushed through all the pain.

After that was done she changed clothes and cleaned the messy floor.

She had to move quickly.

She packed a small knapsack which contained oil, a change of clothes, some currency, and a small amount of bread and cheese.

She found her broom in a musty wardrobe. There were cobwebs strewn about it. When she breathed it all in, her heart was lit on fire and she was ready to fly.

She thought shortly of Fiyero and if she should say goodbye.

She sighed heavily and opened the door, broom and items in hand.

She found him sitting in a chair by the fire, looking out a window. She said nothing, but kissed him on the lips.

You would assume that she would be thinking of him.

She only thought "what if I was kissing Glinda instead?"

She left the room and went to the tallest part of the castle. Her bag was tucked in a pocket of her clothing so it wouldn't fall. She climbed onto the window sill, just as Glinda had done on her balcony.

She sat atop her own type of carriage, held on, and closed her pained eyes.

One deep breath and Elphaba let go.

-------------------------------------------------------------

She still had her eyes closed when she awoke. She spoke to herself in between phases of black outs.

"Where am I?"

...

"Why does everything hurt?"

...

"There's dried blood all over my hands."

...

"I feel

like death."

...

Then her eyes shot open. It was dark. Her memory came back like a flash flood. She remembered all that she did. She realized where she was.

Glinda thought an impossible thing:

"Elphaba is alive. She knows about what I did. She's coming to me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh my goodess, guys! I love this chapter so much! Sorry it took so long for me to have a stroke of genius! PLEASE COMMENT ON WHAT YOU THINK! VOTE, FOLLOW, ADD THIS TO YOUR READING LISTS!

I love you :)