"Sorry," I dropped my leg, taking a deep breath to calm myself.

But instead it made it worse. My pupils dilated as I took in a woodsy scent that yelled masculinity.

No, oh no.

"Mate?" I stepped back in horror.

His eyes hardened. "Why am I not surprised...Who's pack are you from?"

"I'm the Luna of the Silver Moon pack down south." The words tumbled out of my mouth. Lycans didn't have Alpha voices- and they didn't need to. Whatever a Lycan said, you went with it.

He rubbed his jaw, "Luna?"

"My brother runs the pack. He hasn't found his mate yet."

Stark gave me a weary look. "Don't get any ideas. I'm not your mate."

I felt my stomach drop. I laughed humorlessly. "Why am I not surprised?" I mocked.

"Come." he held out his hand for me to hold. "I'm assuming your brother would want you back by now."

As much as I tried not to, I found myself placing my hand in his own. My gut wrenched and the scenery blurred until we were at the entrance of the hall.

"How did you-" I didn't need to finish. Speed is something Lycans were gifted with. Speed that rivals light itself.

"Go."

He held open the door for me, something I was surprised that he would do seeing as he was the superior race. I narrowed my eyes at his tall and broad, tanned build. Figuring him out in one glance wasn't something I could do unlike with most people. He had an air of mystery and obvious danger.

Whispers surrounded us as we entered together. I drowned them out with my link to Mikhail.

I found my mate. I don't want him.

Your mate? Where are you? And what do you mean?

Entrance. You'll see.

And boy did he see. His eyes widened as he took in the lean mean killing machine that stood beside me.

Please tell me you're joking.

I'm afraid not.

Stark scoured the party with hawk eyes, landing on my brother. He moved swiftly, I had to powerwalk to match his easy stride.

"You are Alpha Mikhail, I presume." his voice had changed into a baritone business pitch.

"Correct. Are you aware of my situation?"

"I've heard rumors floating about. I'm willing to help."

Mikhail seemed startled. "Um, that's great."

"With a price, of course."

See what I mean? We can't risk it! He ignored my warning signs.

"And what would that be?" He asked cautiously.

Stark's silvery eyes slid to mine. "She comes back with me. To Ireland."

"Ireland?" I cried out. "You must be insane!"

"Do not argue with me," he muttered, his gaze cold. "I'm not in the mood."

"Well boo hoo you, get your damn panties out of a twist and name a reasonable price."

"That is a reasonable price, seeing as you are my mate."

"I am not yours," I snarled, stepping away from him. "Just as you are not mine. You made that very clear."