Chapter 19: Phone Calls at Lunch

Start from the beginning

"I'm awake," she clarified.

Once again, I shake my head in disbelief and sigh. She took longer than normal to eat her breakfast but had finally finished it. "Alright, let's get moving. Go get dressed and brush your hair, all your morning stuff," I say.

"Yes Daddy," she says with a yawn and puts her dishes in the dishwasher.

As she moves to get ready, I move to my office to retrieve a charged iPhone I used as a spare for my business incase something happened to mine. Ariana would need it as her phone did not survive it's plunge into the toilet the night prior.

As I check to see how Ariana is doing, I catch her dressed and looked like she was ready for bed, however she was laying on her back on the bed with her feet on the ground.

I roll my eyes and clap my hands loudly multiple times. "Come on sleepy butt," I say loudly and she gives a gasp of surprise as I startle her. I was surprised at the amount of push back I got from her that morning. She was never this bad. At this rate, I was never letting her drink again. "And make your bed," I tell her.

I don't know how I manage it but are barely on time out the door. And as it was, I was probably going to be late getting to the office. I hated being late, so this annoyed me. She had a phone, she had her lunch. She had my number in the business phone so we could face time over lunch hour so I knew she ate all her food. Hopefully she would have better conversations for me at lunch time than she did this morning.

As I thought, I was late arriving at the office. Thankfully it didn't cause any disruptions in my morning that I could just think about how I was going to punish her when we got home. How was I going to treat this disobedience? As much as I wanted to, it was still too early in our relationship to use a spanking. Not until I could confirm she was ready.

I groan loudly, sitting back in my chair.

Around lunch time, I started Facetime on my phone to call her. It was a way for me to keep an I on her while still making sure she was keeping up with her eating habits.

"Feeling more awake?" I ask her. I propped my phone up against a stack of papers and began eating the turkey wrap that I had prepared for myself. I didn't prepare us the same thing. She had been given a portion of steamed vegetables, a bed of rice that I indented a heart shape in, laying the chicken inside. A sauce was drizzled over the top.

"Yea," she shrugs at me. I could still tell that she was tired.

"And how is it being back to work?" I inquired. This caused her to frown, which in turn made me frown. "Is everything alright?" I quizzed. I wondered if her longer absence had more of an impact on her job than originally before. She shrugs again at me and nods without saying anything. "Ariana, use your words please." I tell her.

She sighed and began to speak. "Teaching has been fine. It's a new bath of eager students wanting to learn... It was just, awkward coming back... because Heather, one of my friends from last night works here...."

"I see..." It made me mad just thinking about it. "Did she have anything to say?"

"She was a bit surprise.... She saw the whole thing happen. She mentioned if she had known I was with someone, she would never have let Jason take me. And I was going to tell everyone that night. but then I found out Taylor had invited the guys and I never had the chance to say no..." She looked down. She had something else to say and she looked like she was struggling to say it. "And she wants me to forgive Taylor..."

"You most certainly are not," I say abruptly. "Even if you did forgive her. I don't think I have it in me to let you hang out with a friend that treats you so poorly. Surely you see it that way to?" She gave me a surprised look but sunk back down. She knew it to.