/3/

Obviously it was Brock who had broken into my house and left the note for me. I just hoped that he wouldn't try to take Jay away from me.

I tried sleeping but my mind kept replaying all those horrible memories from that pack like a broken record. All the pain and misery I had to endure of those terrible years, it left a scar that could never be healed.

I didn't know what was going to happen when I see Brock again or how he felt knowing that I hid his son from him. It's his fault for everything that happened in the past, so he can't really blame me for how the circumstances played out.

After what seemed like forever, I managed to fall asleep.

When I woke up, I got the kids ready for school and dropped them off before making my way to the diner. 

Everything was normal so far with not many customers but there just a lingering feeling in the back of my mind that something was about to happen. Perhaps I will be seeing Brock much sooner than I anticipated.

Time quickly flew by and I was soon on my last shift. After cleaning up the last table, I removed my apron, got my belongings and headed to my car.

While putting in the keys, I stared at my reflection through the window. Removing my hair from the tight bun it was in, I shook it loose and sighed in satisfaction. 

Out of nowhere, huge arms wrapped around me and flung me across sturdy shoulders. I thought about screaming for help but knowing that it was pointless, I didn't. Besides that, I could have easily gotten away but I knew he was one of Brock's men. 

My head swung around his lower area giving me a nice view of his butt. "Nice ass," I commented, before being thrown inside of a jeep. The stranger got in besides me as the vehicle sped away to presumably their pack.

"My children are at school, so can we quickly go get them?" I asked, worried about the damage that could be done.

"Everything is taken care of," He said in a deep voice, almost in an annoyed tone. I resisted the urge to reply with a snarky comment.

I was quite exhausted from work today, so I got in a comfortable position and was quickly asleep. 

"Wake her up." Brock's voice brought me out of my peaceful slumber, but I kept my eyes tightly shut.

The man huffed and then I felt him poking my rib. Slowly, I opened my eyes to see that I was in an apartment with Brock, his beta and an unfamiliar man.

"Where are my children?" I ask tiredly, rubbing my eyes. That nap ended way too quickly seeing as I have been lacking rest these past few days, especially last night.

"They're here." Brock said, looking directly at me. "Leave us."

Immediately, the beta and the other guy left the room leaving the two of us staring at each other in uncomfortable silence. My hatred for this man slowly seeping in as memories came alive.

"So?" I asked, trying to break the suffocating silence before I do something that I would not regret.

"Why?" He immediately asked, like he had been dying to ask me that.

I knew exactly what his question was referring to but I pretended to play dumb. After all, I would be just like his little lapdogs, doing anything he said the moment it left his mouth.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, batting my eyelashes to annoy him.

Taking a seat next to me, he said, "why didn't you tell me that I had kids?" I nearly choked with laughter when I heard his question. He had to be joking. How could even think that Lucille was his child for a second.

"Hold up, wolfy." I paused, still not able to control my laughter. "You think they're both yours?" I questioned. His looked at me utterly confused.

"Aren't they twins?"

When he asked that, I turned my head away and looked at the ceiling. I was just hoping that his wolf will take the news well and not create any chaos when I crush his hopes. How good it will be to see the anger and sadness break him.

"How could you possibly think that they are twins? Lucille literally has none of your features or mine, yet still you could ask such a question."

First, he looked sad before it quickly transformed into pure rage. He was practically fuming as his whole body vibrated.

"So that means another man is her father?" He asked, stressing on the word another.

"Well according to biology, I would think that's how reproduction works," I chuckled. His eyes immediately turning bright gold.

"Another man touched you?!" His wolf roared in anger. It's canines elongating and claws slowly growing.

I sighed. "Well duh." That probably pissed him off even more but what do I care?

"Who's her father?" He asked, probably wanting to go find him to try to harm him. 

"Patience, wolfy. You'll soon find out."