012 • Turning Tables

Start from the beginning

He gave out a hum, jumping to the floor where the rest of his organization was. Putting his hat back on, he shifted to the large male who had checked out the thing that Shuichi had grown worried about. "Hey hey! Did you get anything on what happened downstairs?" Kokichi asked, his head tilting to the side as he puffed out his cheeks, like a small child would. Instead of shaking his head, he had nodded. Kokichi squinted his eyes, a frown forming on his face. "Was it.. A teenager..?" Kokichis voice was cut off as the green haired male shifted over. "No- if it was we would have spotted them as he scouted the building before entering." The large male replied, his head tilting towards the green haired male. He had nodded- causing the larger male to move back. "Rantaro, was it..?"

Rantaro nodded his head, his arms crossing against his chest. "It was one of them, Kokichi. They entered a little bit after us, and I assume they were listening to our converstation." Rantaro replied, his hand reaching up to take his mask off. Kokichi stopped him, hitting his hand away from his own mask. "Don't you take it off. If what you said is true, then they know how important Shuichi is to me. They would also know, I was going to ask him to join D.I.CE." Kokichis voice had died out, his hands softly shaking. Rantaro watched the male, before crouching down and pulling him into a hug.

"Calm down, Ouma." Rantaro hushed him, rubbing his back. He had experience with stuff like this- he had a lot of siblings, and he considered Ouma to be apart if the family. Suddenly, Ouma pushed out of his grip, sliding away. "Dont you get it, idiot? Shuichi is going to turn out like our new member! Fucking gloop and red paint on the ground! And you know what? His partner already suspects us for this murder, and I know it! So if Shuichi dies, then were bound to get caught for a murder we didn't even commit! We would loose. We would fucking loose! And they know that!" Kokichi yelled at the male as he stood up, lashing out and kicking over a light, breaking the glass like a mirror.

Kokichi sunk down, clutching at his hair. This was bad, beyond bad. It's all going down hill, and he will pay for his mistakes. He didn't move his useless chesspieces more carefully. He didn't look at all the options the enemy had to move, and he was careless. His king was in danger now, and there's nothing he could do. He would loose. He would fail. The only move he was able to failed him. He couldn't do anything to redeem himself. They would all pay, and it would be his fault. Blood will be spilt, because of his stupidity. Because-

The seering hot pain across his face was enough to wake him up. Kokichi gave out a sound, catching himself with his hands before he fell onto the ground. Raising his hand up, he rubbed the pounding cheek as he glanced up Rantaro shaking one of his hands. "Are you giving up that easily? Pathetic. You can still save him, Kokichi. It's not over. You need to make your move now, or else it's too late to ever move again." Rantaro spoke up, his voice husky. Kokichi stared at the ground, his hand reaching out as he grabbed his hat. Moving up, he firmly placed it on the mess of hair on his head. Kokichi stared down at his pale hands, before pressing his nails against the palm of his hand.

"You're right. How stupid am I? I thought it was truly over." Kokichi spoke lowly, before turning around and facing the rest of his members, who was watching it all play out. "All of you. This is your Supreme leader speaking. This is a order. Shuichi Saihara, the ultimate detective is in danger. And if he dies, it's game over. It will all be over. We have to get him back before it's too late."

"We can't let him die, you got that?"

_-_Break_-_
??? P.O.V

"So what you're telling me, Kokichi is hiring a Detective?" The radio spoke to the male, the car moving steadily behind the other line car. "Yes, and he seems to be taking a liking to him. A big liking." The male replied back to the radio, his gaze focused on the car. A low chuckle spoke to him, the tap of a cigarette against something as he inhaled a breath. "Of course. Smart move, Little Leader. Make sure you get the detective. Bring him to me- we will show him what happened to the last new member. Got that? Don't fail or else you'll be the detectives replacement." The radio dropped silent, the male rolling his shoulders back as his car picked up speed.

_-_Break_-_
Shuichi's P.O.V

His eyes locked on the car behind him, he picked up the pace. He knew it was following him. He knew it. Each turn me made, the car followed like a lost puppy following its owner. Shuichi clutched the steering wheel, exhaling a shaky breath as he looked ahead. Making small movements, he picked up his phone blindly. Flipping it on, his glance flickered down to the phone and back up to the road until he got Kirigiris number. Holding his breath, a cold sweat broke out on the males body, his blood rushing colder then ice as the air slipped into his throat like a ribbon. He exhaled his breath, his heart pumping as he heard Kirigiris voice speak to him.

"K-Kirigiri! I'm being followed and-" "-iri isn't here right now. Please call back later." Shuichi cussed under his breath, calling up a few more times. Pulling up the messenger app, he began to type out his message with shaking hands.

Kiri. Near thr mrder scenr main road. Bringung fllowed. Black cart, I thynk a

Before he had time to finish the sentence, a force next to him had pushed him off the road. With a bunch of random letters pressed afterwards due to the force- he had managed to send the message like that. Before Shuichi had time to move the car, he had only a split second to cover his head as the airbag exploded, hitting his head back against the chair.

Minutes what seemed like hours passed, his vision blurry, constantly slipping in and out of consciousness. The pain in his head was indescribable, and the smell of blood was heavy. Glass shards lay in and out of the car, casted aside like a broken toy a child doesn't want anymore. Slowly, his hand shifted up to touch the wet side of his face, pulling it back to notice dark blood spilling on his hands. He couldn't think straight- he couldn't breathe properly. Glancing around, he realised the world was upside down.
Shuichi let out a small whimper, his hand sliding up to unbuckle himself. The car airbag was already deflated. The did didn't spin itself upside down- he did. Trying to remember what happened- he hit the top of the car as he fell out of his seat. Gasping for a breath, he began to move himself.
Hit by another force.
He reached out of the broken window for help, clawing into the ground to pull himself out.
Followed by car.
He grunted, shuffling himself out as the glass pierced his arms.
Bleeding head. Crash.
Attempting to get a good breath into his lungs, the sounds of a fire flickering behind him sounded. Was that new?
Texting for help.
No, it was always there. Clear your head, Shuichi.
Help. I need help. Where am I? Help. I need help.
Shuichi clutched the ground, his legs struggling as he tried to pull himself up. He couldn't.
Where's my phone? I need to find my phone. Kirigiri. Police. Ambulance.
Shuichi forced himself up, attempting to ignore the pain through his body, and the feeling of blood dripping of off his chin. Shuffling around like a baby, he didn't realise tears had began to drip of off his face.
Kokichi. Is it Kokichi? No. He has a larger car. Van.
Why did he need to assure himself it wasn't him? Before Shuichi could try to find his phone, he had collapsed onto the ground.
Who?
Who. The final thoughts he had managed to whisper into his head. His finger shifting was the last movement he felt.

The crunching of the boots against glass shards and rumble was the last sound that he heard.