Chapter 1: Prologue

As a child, Jirou was always thought to grow up to be a musician or something of the sort. But one day, she said to her parents after dreaming -

"I want to be a hero."

Ever since then, she's been moving forward. Forward to a hero. But slowly, after she got into the top hero school, she grew tired.

Slowly, her inspiration for becoming a hero began to wilt. She began to think back to the time when she talked to her parents about her so-called dream. She wondered about how much she hurt them. She wondered how bad it affected them. She wondered about how she ruined her future.

She thought now, that she couldn't be a hero. She felt as if she was useless, this quirk she had seemed weak compared to the others.

Her thoughts only progressed throughout the year. One day, while she was walking to the UA dorms after a bit of unwinding outside, a few kids her age had stopped her.

"Would you look at that," one said. "It's that earphone kid. What're you doing out here this late?"

She only looked at him with her poker face.

"Someone like you could get hurt out here. With that quirk of yours, I mean."

Jirou balled her hand into a fist. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Im sure you can catch on, babe." Another one said. That kid had horns, it seemed to match her personality at the moment. "What are you supposed to do with those 'jacks?"

Jirou walks past.

"Why are you so silent?" The horned one asks. "You can't hide from us." They begin to follow her

"You have no reason to follow me." Jirou says.

"Someone's gotta tell you." Another kid says. He seemed bratty.

Jirou keeps walking. She kept walking all the way to UA, while the kids followed them as far as they could. All the way there, she thought about what they were saying.

"Pointless."
"You can't be a hero."
"You're too weak."
"You look like a wannabe."
"Just drop out."
"You'll die with that quirk!"
"You're too emo to be a hero."
"You look like the type who runs to their mother when they scrape a knee."
"You should've stopped while you were ahead."

"Just get rid of those wires."

When they finally leave, she enters her dorm room silently. A body mirror next to her door catches her eye. Why did I buy this again?

She stands in front of it and wonders. Did I always look like helpless?
She holds her earphone jacks. Tacky...
Turning around, she observes her room. How she hated it, now. It just reminded her of what she gave up on. How she abandoned her parents.

She looked at the scissors at her desk. Something felt... off. She drew closer to them.

And closer...

And closer...

And closer....

"Jirou-San? You have a moment?"

A soft voice knocks Jirou back to reality. "Koda?"

"I-I need your help."

Jirou walks to the door, and opens it. "What's wrong?"

"Kaminari and Mineta are uh... doing things in my room. I can't get them to leave." Koda says, all nervous.

"What things?"

"They brought magazines and won't stop showing me them."

"....huh."

"Please help."

"I got you." She walks out of her dorm and closes the door behind her. Koda is definitely happy about this, he's smiling and everything.

Koda and Jirou have a very close relationship. Ever since that exam thing with Present Mic, they've been learning more and more about each other. Koda showed more happy emotions around her, too. She was also the first person he had a full conversation with.

You could even say that he liked her.

He was the last person she really looked forward to talking to. He noticed that Jirou had gotten more sad as time passed, so he tried to make her happy every day. Poor guy, in the end he never got to admit it before it was too late.

•••

Welcome to the first chapter. There is gonna be Koda x Jirou in the story, yeah 😂. I'm sorry if this is gonna be rlly depressing. I'm tired rn so the chapter is a little cruddy. I'll try to update it in a few days.