Fiadh and Orla

"Hot springs are life-giving" Roisin moaned as she slid herself into the steaming pool. "There is honestly nothing better after cleaning out another bandit cave" she said to no one in particular as her muscles unclenched. She sunk lower in the water and swished her blood-caked hair back and forth under the water to remove the stain of a clan full of thieves; all in a day's work for a magic gifted mercenary in a working guild.

"I will never let Ciaran choose my jobs again" she growled, sulking. "Arse-hole is trying to piss me off by doubling my jobs up on purpose." Roisin had turned down her guild leader's second in command when he propositioned her... again, she was pretty open, and she liked a little slap and tickle sex, but Ciaran was rumored to have damaged too many women for her to trust the virtual giant with her petite body.

The soothing steam relaxed Roisin and she laid her head back on a wonderfully convenient smooth shelf. Her short pixie cut hair- normally the colour of soot and ash- was black and heavy with water except the locks on either side of face; floating snow white and long enough to brush her ribs. Roisin knew her hair was beautiful, and in general thought it made up for the holes where a humans nose should be.

Her standard and most natural image was a long face and exquisitely pale skin with the blue tattoos of a magic user on her brow, temples and cheeks, her arched black brows, red lips and blue-grey eyes surrounding the skull like pits where a nose might have existed. Roisin was a mixed bag of fey on her father's side and pure unaltered human on her mother's. Because of the fey genes Roisin could do minor magics such as starting fires and altering her appearance; handy but nothing too extraordinary. Roisin's real talent of course was her affinity for blades; big and small, long and short. Rosin loved the glint of metal that one only gets from the sharpest of killing blades. She also adored the power one gained from wielding a sword with skill. Ciaran once-stupidly-suggested that maybe there was some magpie or crow fey in her history to blame for her love of shining blades, and Ciaran payed with flesh when Roisin's shiniest dagger sliced off a strip of his abdomen. Ciaran never again commented on Roisin's possible parentage.

Almost drifting off to sleep, Roisin heard something, or rather two somethings sneaking through the trees to her right. "What I do for this blasted guild..." Roisin trailed off muttering grumpily as her newest two 'follow-alongs' finally caught up. They were attempting to ambush her after Roisin had ditched the pair before raiding the bandit's nest. The not-quite-children had gotten into the guild by sheer force of willpower and tenacity and no skill whatsoever, and those were both strikes against the loud children in Rosin's eyes. The babies had gone to her leader with some sob story about dreams or some shit. Who knows what they said to get the leader to train them with the number one active mercenary, but whatever it was must have been powerful because the impertinent Brats were now Roisin's primary job.

Roisin heaved herself out of the pool into the shadow of the forest behind the loud Brats silently. I'm going to make the babies cry just a bit, Roisin silently chuckled allowing herself to grin. The Brats in question seemed to be upset when they found Roisin's temporary camp empty after a short trek away from the soothing spring.

The tall brunette with the green and gold fire eyes embraced the almost crying blonde doll-like brat with the watery-icy blue eyes. "It's okay Orla, she doesn't know we joined to be close to her," the Brunette spoke softly into the hair of the blonde while gently rocking, "she cannot know, else she would hate us and not play and tease."

Roisin froze, crouched silently, naked, and vaguely confused beside where the pair of Brats were sitting together. She tilted her head and shifted lower; it seemed she would need to wait the brats out for information.