Chapter 3

Tim advised Adam to meet him in the squad room shortly after the morning briefing.  Adam sat at one of the desks, his duty bag nearby waiting for Tim. "Maybe today's the day we'll actually do something" he thought to himself just as Tim walked in with a pile of folders. Grinning he placed the folders on the desk.  Adam looked at the pile, secretly hoping they were cases to go over, then looked up at Tim.

"Welcome to Warrant Wednesday" he told him, turning to grab a cup of coffee.

"Ok, so I take it this is to familiarize myself with the perps currently wanted" Adam stated as he opened the first folder.

"Nope. You're going to enter these warrants in the database of both our system and the state system" Tim replied now grabbing two donuts and sitting down at an adjacent desk.

Adam looked at him with a raised brow.

"You do know how to do this, right? You were taught this in the academy, correct ?" Tim asked.

"Of course we were" Adam retorted.

"Ok then, do you have a problem with being assigned this task" Tim asked, sipping his coffee.

"No, sir" Adam answered with a hint of attitude, " Mind if I ask what you are going to be doing?"

"Me, well I'm gonna sit back and relax, enjoy my coffee and these here donuts, then do a bit of paperwork " Tim respond with a bit of sass.

"Oh, you're helping with these" Adam asked.

"Hell no, I've done my time with that. I'm going to be making out your evaluation paperwork" Tim grinned.

"What's to evaluate" Adam said sarcastically, barely audible but Tim heard him.

Tim read the question aloud "follows direction without confrontation" Tim looked at Adam then back at the paper "...hmmm....strike number 1" he replied making a note on the paper.

"Fuck" Adam thought to himself as he began with the first warrant entry. "Just get these done, keep your mouth shut and plan on talking with the Sgt. like you had planned " he told himself.

Three hours had passed, Adam was down to the last two folders. Occasionally he would glance over at Tim, either reading the news paper or checking his phone. He needed a break, he had one warrant left when he excused himself to use the bathroom. Tim simply nodded as he walked by.

...."ok, Suzy you should be all set for tonight. He's completed the bulk of the warrants you would normally have to work on" Tim texted the dispatcher.
...."You are so mean, Tim. Y'all  know he doesn't need to do all that, though I do appreciate it" she replied.
...."Hey, gotta take care my girl" he replied with a wink emoji.
...."Lol" she replied. "Just keep me supplied with sweet tea for the night and I'll keep y'all from chasing bovines on the highway"
...."It's a deal" he replied
...."And Tim, take it easy on him. He's a good kid, he's gonna be a good cop" she advised as Adam walked back in the room.

Tim quickly slipped his phone in his pocket "grab your bag kid, we're heading out".

Excited that finally he was going on a call, Adam grabbed his gear and followed Tim out to the car.