I sat and stared at her for a while. Then I smiled. "You really think so?"

"Yes! Go to him and just enjoy being together. And then you can call me and tell me all about it." She grinned and winked at me. I couldn't help but laugh.

"OK it's a deal."

"Great. I'll call you tomorrow when I've spoken to the airline."

I got a call from Christine Wednesday afternoon saying she'd arranged everything, my flight to New York had been brought forward a day, my hotel room would be ready a day early too and she even knew exactly where Chris would be doing his gig that night. So all I had to do was pack. She even offered to take me to the airport Thursday morning.

I'd arrived at the hotel just after lunch and then I'd had the afternoon to rest and get ready. I was going to surprise Chris at his gig that night. I felt nervous and excited at the thought. I really hoped Christine was right and that he'd be pleased to see me but I had to admit there was still a part of me that was scared about how he would react.

I had a cab booked for 8. Chris' gig had started about 7.30 but I hadn't wanted to arrive right at the beginning. I wanted to be able to sneak in and listen for a while before I saw him. As I travel the few miles to the bar I felt like a teenager going on a first date I was so nervous. When the cab pulled up outside I paid the driver and then walked across the street.

I took a deep breath before opening the door. I could hear Chris singing where I stood and it made me smile. I walked down the few steps and over to the bar to get myself a drink. Then I carefully made my way down the side of the crowd to get as close to the front as I could. Finally I could see him and my heart skipped. I really had missed him the last few days and it felt good to be so close. He looked amazing up there, guitar in hand and I wanted nothing more than to feel his arms around me. As I watched I felt my nerves rising, wondering what he'd say when he saw me. Would he really be pleased I was there?

I'd been stood for a few minutes, my heart racing as thoughts flooded my brain. What if he really was regretting the kiss? I was starting to think this was a really bad idea and part of me wanted to run away and hide. Then he turned and his eyes met mine. A look of total disbelief flashed across his face but then he smiled, a huge warm smile that lit his face and made his eyes shine. At that moment I knew everything would be fine.

Chris' POV

I was over half way through my set when I turned and saw her. I hadn't spoken to Mia since I left. I'd picked up my phone to call her so many times but I was so worried that I'd over stepped the mark when I kissed her and that it would have changed everything between us that each time I decided against it. Every time my phone rang I'd hoped it was her and when it wasn't I became even more convinced that she wouldn't turn up at all. So when I saw her stood there, watching me, relief washed over me.

I smiled and saw her smile back and that's when I knew we were OK. I wished I could just drop the guitar, race over to her, take her in my arms and kiss her but I knew I couldn't. In the end I settled on getting her up on stage with me instead.

After I finished the song I spoke to the audience. "Well I have just spotted a friend of mine over there" I pointed to Mia "and if we ask her nicely she might just join me onstage. Trust me when I say it would be a total treat for all of you." The crowd started to cheer. "Come on Mia." I waved for her to join me.

She shook her head as she called "I haven't got my guitar."

"That's alright, I'm a professional, I have a spare." I grinned and she laughed a little. "Come on get your ass up here." By now the audience where clapping and going wild. I turned to them. "You guys just talk amongst yourselves for a minute while we get this guitar sorted." I told them.

I walked to the back of the stage and removed my second guitar from it's case. I'd specifically chosen to bring this guitar as I knew Mia had loved it when she'd tried it out at my place. I walked to the edge of the stage and held it out towards her. She walked over. I took her hand as she stepped up onto the stage. I gave her a quick hug, kissed her cheek and whispered "I've missed you so much." before handing her the guitar. As I stepped back I could see she was blushing slightly but her smile told me she was just as happy as I was. Things really were going to be fine.

Mia's POV

As Chris hugged me I heard him whisper "I've missed you so much." I felt shivers ran down my spine. How could those few words make me feel so special? I smiled at him as he stepped back. "I've missed you too. More than you could imagine."

He grinned as he walked backwards towards the mic and his guitar. He scooped it up and put the strap over his head. "OK who's ready for some more music?" The crowd cheered, they really seemed to be loving every minute of it. I felt quite nervous as Chris signalled for me to come over and share the mic with him. But as we started to play I began to relax and every time I saw him look at me my heart skipped. I knew I was going to enjoy this time in New York with him and right now I couldn't think of anyone I'd rather be with.