- Saving Her Arse -

I wasn't exactly in favor of going to school today, but Elliot forced me and even threatened to drag me there naked if he needed to resort to that extent. I completely lost connections to my friends. Under their busy schedules, we hardly had any spare time to relive our missed moments. Although I missed them, I hoped they were doing fine even without the whole crew.

As I passed by everyone in the halls, I noticed they all turned to their friends to whisper. It must've been about me, none of this occurred until I walked in.

I bit my lip, continuing to walk. I overheard the words 'kidnapped', 'missing', and 'new kid'. The events from those previous days slammed me in the face, causing me to shudder in fright.

Two unknown girls suddenly blocked my direction, "Oh my gosh, are you okay? I heard your first time was close to being forcefully taken."

I couldn't speak, in fact I refused to. I pushed passed them and rushed to my locker. The topic was still sensitive to me, couldn't these idiots have realized that? I felt that they were mocking me through that question, then again I'm probably just overthinking it.

I mindlessly threw all unwanted supplies inside my locker. Exhaling a breath that I held, my eyes suddenly found the inside a sight to stare at. I knew I was bound to bump into him to my less desire. Embarrassment, and nervousness rushed through my veins, but I tried to contain them. I need a break, I really do.

Unlike everyday, my hands gently pushed my locker close, twisting the combination so it landed on a random number. The alarming bell jolted everyone out of their thoughts, as they rushed to their classes. I needed to force my feet to continue walking. I wasn't prepared to act as his partner today, or any day to be precise. But I guess I'll have to suffer today.

"...Take your seat young lady. And good morning."

Mr. Johnson was relatively quiet to my peculiarity. He must've known about myself and the traumatizing events that's occurred just days ago. Events that nearly impaled me forever.

I slumped to my empty seat, sliding my bag off my shoulder. My partner wasn't here.. yet. I'd hoped he'd be absent today.

"Mr. Kay, tardy again? You're in luck this is only warning," I heard my teacher speak. The Lord couldn't answer my prayers today.

I heard him shuffle on his seat, the empty spot next to mine, now occupied. My head refused to look at him, and for the first time, my attention was full on Mr. Johnson.

"Anywho," he clapped, "I expect all of your projects to be done, and ready to be presented today."

What? Shit.

It was my turn to look at Robbie, whom was busy scrolling on his phone with a small chuckle here and there. There goes my good grade. The idiot must've left it unfinished while I was gone.

"Alright, who would like to volunteer and get this crap over with?"

The words that every single person spoke was somewhat a blur. The soundless screams of panic filled my very ears. Returning to school was the worst idea I had, but was challenged to accept. Hands shot up to ask questions occasionally, though I showed no interest. So did my partner.

The next volunteer was to chosen, and this was when I caught Robbie's hand shoot up.

No.

Put that thing down, you moron.

We didn't finish-

"Lovebirds in the back, present. How can we improve our schools?"

I slowly slipped out of my seat, as Robbie fetched our poster. My feet nervously took me to the front of the class, I nearly hyperventilated at the crowd that gazed upon my shivering state. Robbie, where the heck are you?

Speaking of the devil, he returned with two posters... wait two? But we only-

"Hmm, two posters? That's a first. Beautiful illustrations. Alright, begin."

I gulped shakily, "H-how to improve schools, yeah. There are many ways to improve them.. we could uh-"

My eyes scanned at the poster. Everything read so foreign, I hardly remembered anything.

I was about to speak, but was cut off.

"My partner won't be able to speak, so I'll be taking this through. Improvement for schools can't always be found in constant waste of money through upgrading a number of materials. We can improve without even the slightest use of a single penny."

My mouth hung open. and I wasn't alone. The whole class was frozen in their seat.

"Students can improve schools, whether or not you choose to believe. If each student was to act mature, even a single dollar is no match to how much we could save..."

Every word he spoke, every phrase, every sentence, it all sounded perfectly said. Half of the things I wrote in that poster was paraphrased in a much professional way, that even I felt stupid. I didn't expect for him to act this way..

let alone even finish this poster without my hand.

"...Thank you. Any questions?"

As his presentation finished, it was silent before the class bursted into a fit of applauses and whistling. I smiled behind my mask, snapping my head to my intelligent partner. My hands collided against each other, as I joined the class' applause.

He only shrugged, before taking down our poster and proceeding to place it where our instructor had told him to. He returned to his seat without another word being said. I stood above him, ready to thank him. But the words refused to slip pass my lips. Suddenly, I heard him.

"Don't thank me. I just thought it was the appropriate thing to do."

I opened my mouth to speak, until I realized I had nothing as a response. I took my seat, using that as an only option to look less of an idiot if I'd stood up instead.

He always acts like this, sometimes I dislike it, sometimes I can't help but to bear with it. Somehow, somewhere, his recent actions gave me a reason to flush all my anger down the drain.