"I also got you this," she says, revealing a small white envelope, he looks at her with confusion, tearing the paper to slip out to tickets for a concert to Twin Peaks, being held on the 3rd January, his eyes open wide, one of his favorite bands were performing and he would be able to see it, he picks her up, spinning her around from joy. This must've cost so much, but she smiles likes it's nothing.

This purchase doesn't obliterate her bank account like it would Finn's, she doesn't have to worry about the purchases she makes, Finn saved up months for the necklace he had gotten her, but she could just go to the checkout without looking at the tags.

"I," he kisses her left cheek. "Love," he kisses her right cheek. "You," he kisses her forehead. "Endlessly," he connects their lips.

"I have to go," she says, he nods, sadness filling him but knowing it was for the best. She had to spend Christmas with her family and leave him alone, he never went with her to celebrate, mostly because he knew that her brother was there, and her brother wasn't very nice. He had met him a few times, but he wasn't too fond of the boy dating his little sister, he said a lot of things that Finn wish he hadn't heard, so he distances herself from his family.

"Drive safe," he says, she smiles. A part of him was hoping she'd stay, and just forget about her family for one minute, and soothe him on one of his worst days of the year, but she couldn't. "I'll be back tonight," she says in his ear. "I'll be waiting like a dog for you."

She leaves, stepping into her car, winding down the window sticking out her head to smile at him one last time before she exists out of sight. He sighs, now he's alone. There was nothing to do when everyone else is out celebrating Christmas, he closes the door, going to his record player, flicking through tunes he can put on to help forget about the day in front of him.

His selection gets cut off by his phone buzzing on his bedside table, he walks over there, seeing Nick had texted him, he quickly changed the contact from unknown to his name.

NICK - Merry Christmas!

Sure, it was nothing special, but the conscious effort that he had put in to just simply wish him a merry Christmas was enough to make him smile, and remind him of the tickets that were in his drawer. It made him remember, the plane ticket was the day before the twin peaks concert, there would be no way he could make it to both, he would have to choose one or the other.

Finn had warmed up to the idea about seeing Nick, it's evident that he is trying to mend the past mistakes he made to his younger sibling, their the only family each other have, Finn has no one else to dependant on, and could he really stay mad at a decision he made when he was fourteen, he had done plenty of stupid stuff too. He liked the thought of New York, roaming the streets with his brother, looking at the tourist's spots and seeing a whole new world.

He hears a knock on the door, placing his phone down and walking to the door, he opens it to reveal his friend, Ayla. "What are you doing here," he asks curiously, she had a family that loved her, so why should she be knocking on his door. "I can't let you be alone on Christmas, not again, you are coming with me."

He raises his eyebrow, not quite sure if she was joking or not, but she just nods, walking into his home and into his bedroom, opening his closet and pulling out some black jeans, a white shirt, and a brown coat. "Thirty minutes to get ready, go!" She shouts, practically pushing him into the bathroom.

He steps out twenty-two minutes later, sliding on his vans as he looks at Ayla and nods, they head out to her car, buckling up as she plays the radio, music Christmas emitting from the small box. She hums, tapping on the wheel as he plays with his fingers, his mind raced with possibilities of how today would go. He had met Ayla's parents before, but to spend Christmas with her would be weird, he doesn't like disturbing people, and now he is a complete burden to their usual celebration.