Chapter 7: And the mask came cracking down.

Start from the beginning

I jumped and straddled his waist, his hands carrying me by my bottom. I wrapped my arms around his neck and tangled my fingers into his thick dark hair. Dylan slowly made his way to my room with me still on top of him.

-

"I think I'm going to sell my iPhone and get a flip phone from Walmart," I said, laying on his bare chest. I'm watching my fingers trace shapes on his skin as I listen to the faint sound of his heartbeat.

"Why?" He asked softly. The sunlight shined through the window and lit up the whole room.

"Because..." I couldn't put my reason into words. "society." I went with.

Dylan and I didn't have sex. We were so close but we both decided that since our thing was new that we should be taking it slow. Some of it may have to do with the fact that 6 hours ago, I gave my virginity to Kyle. So, all we did was have a heavy make out session and go to sleep.

"Yeah, society sucks." Dylan agreed. "But, do you really have to sacrifice your expensive phone?"

"I really do," I whispered, right now I'm more in a trance... of love. Whatever that is. That the world around me just disappeared into nothingness and all I can recognize is Dylan. His smile, the sound of his voice when he says my name, the way his eyes twinkle when I laugh at one of his stupid jokes, he makes me feel so alive.

"You're kind of crazy." Dyl chuckled and pulled me closer to him. "I love it." I love you.

"I can't believe you called me crazy," I mumbled jokingly. "I mean you calling me crazy... now that's a doozy. Are you high or something?"

"Yeah, high on love." He playfully draws out. I feel his warm hands slip under my tank top and around my waist. Dylan flipped over me and hovered his body on top of mine.

His face inched closer to me and I prepared for another round of a sexy make out. Instead, he psyched me out and his fingers started tingling my sides. I erupted in pure laughter, jerking my body side to side just to get away from him and his torture. "Stop!" I laughed over and over.

"I don't want to." He teased me as he watched me suffer.

"Please..." laughter. "Stop!" Breathe. "Dylan!" I screamed.

All of a sudden, his fingers stopped only for one of his hands to cover my mouth. He hushed me and then giggled... a manly giggle. Like a deep, threatening giggle. Who am I kidding? It was a feminine, girly giggle. But it sounded hot coming from him.

"I heard your parents come home shortly after we went to sleep. We don't want to wake them up." I nodded signaling that he can trust me to be quiet. He lifted his hand and I smiled.

Buzz.

I sighed and grabbed my phone from the nightstand, leaning away from Dylan. I read the screen message and sighed once again.

Kyle

Hang out today, after school? ;)

"It's Kyle." I looked over at Dylan who was watching me. "I have to go over today and tell him."

"Please do."

-

I snuck out of the house, leaving Dylan in my bed, and made my way to Kyle's apartment. We have school in half an hour and I'm taking the city bus. Because my sister stole my car since hers is in the shop. And, right now, I know that I'm going to be late for school for the first time ever.

I knocked on his wooden door and waited for a few seconds. The door swung open and Kyle's lips landed on mine as a quick greeting. It made me so uncomfortable, like I had just cheated on Dylan when it's the other way around.