The Recording

Hello?

Is this thing even on?

Hello?

Ugh, who really cares at this point. I'm gonna continue. The damn recorder is either on or it isn't . . . It is? . . . You're sure about that? . . . Alright.

Hello to whoever is listening.

First off, this was not my idea. I didn't want to record what happened. I was hoping people would forget about my insane stunt. Sadly, I have been convinced otherwise. Apparently doing this will set a few things straight. I have no idea how, but whatever.

My name is Aurora. Yeah, a real spacey name. Blame the parents for that one. I'm sixteen years old. I have kaleidoscope-like eyes that change colour depending on my mood, dyed purple long curly hair which I straighten sometimes, and tanned skin. Most importantly, I can see ghosts. Well, not just ghosts. Spirits in general and . . . I'm getting there! Stop interrupting me!

If you're wondering who I'm talking to, it's one of said spirits.

Her name is Lydia. She was the first spirit I ever saw. Apparently she talked to me as a baby. I don't remember that far back. Then again, who can? If you were to look at her from a distance you wouldn't see much. Just some black fog hovering in the air. If you are close enough, you can see through the fog. You'll catch glimpses of her dark body, her azure eyes, her long straight onyx hair, and the dark dress she says she died in. I've only seen her in solid form once. That was during that accident that was totally not my fault.

What? I had to put that on the record. Get it? . . . You have no sense of humour.

Now, where should we start the story from? I don't want to jump straight into the action because the listener won't understand. At the same time, I don't want to start from the very beginning because that would be long and boring. Most of it isn't that important - Hmm? . . . Oh! Yes, that is a good place to start. We'll go from there.

The Spirit Veil WATTPAD VERSION [The Akh Chronicles: Book 1]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें