36

After being told to think about happy times by Izzy to keep his mind off Tall Boy, he couldn't help but find himself doing the opposite. He began to think about one of the worst days of summer before the start junior year; one that scared him half to death.

Summer 2018

It was the dead of summer, Sweet Pea and Fangs had spent the whole summer doing whatever kept them busy. Izzy was always busy, which annoyed both boys since Sweet Pea was her boyfriend and Fangs was her best friend, both of whom wanted nothing more than for her to come with them to the quarry.

A group of Serpents decided to go and even though the Serpents weren't allowed on the Southside anymore because of the Ghoulies, who were lead by Penny Peabody and Malachai, none of them would go so deep in the woods to reach the quarry.

Sweet Pea and Fangs entered Izzy's house, not even bothering to knock. Betty, who was in the living room, gave both boys a weird look as they ran up the stairs, but didn't bother to say a single word about it.

"Izzy!" Sweet Pea called out, rushing down the hallway to Izzy's bedroom, "Hope you're dressed. Fangs and I are coming in!"

He twisted the doorknob to her room and opened the door to find Izzy standing in the middle of the room, her hair now cut and styled into a lob, "What the hell happened to your hair!" Fangs exclaimed, both he and Sweet Pea's mouths gaped open in shock.

Izzy frowned as she turned to face the two boys, confused as to what they were doing there. She was wearing flip-flops and was wearing a burgundy colored bikini. Her hair was now styled into a lob and hints of blonde were noticeable in her hair, "I went to the hair dresser," She informed them in a calm tone, '"They cut it and highlighted it. What, is it bad?"

"No!" Both boys immediately replied before Sweet Pea continued, "No, no. Definitely not. It's nice, um..." He trailed off, nervously gulping as he looked down at her bathing suit, "We were just about to force you to come to the quarry, but I guess you were already planning to."

There was a moment of awkward silence and Sweet Pea immediately realized something was up when he saw the look on Izzy's face, "You weren't going to the quarry, were you?" He questioned her concerned.

"I was going with Veronica to Reggie's..." She trailed off awkwardly, nervously biting her bottom lip.

Sweet Pea scoffed loudly, "To hell with that," He told her, walking closer to Izzy.

Izzy began to back up slowly, not knowing what he was up to. Before she could react, Sweet Pea had grabbed Izzy by her thighs and swung her over his right shoulder, "Let's go, Fangs. We're going to the quarry."

Fangs laughed in amusement, walking through the doorway before Sweet Pea did, who made sure not to let Izzy hit the top of her head on the door frame as they exited the room, "Sweet Pea, let me down!" Izzy complained and just as she was about to yell at her boyfriend once more, she became silent as he slapped her on the ass, "Did you just slap my ass?"

"It shut you up, didn't it?"  He questioned her and Izzy's mouth gaped open, knowing he was right.

"This still isn't fair," Izzy pouted, but didn't bother fighting back, knowing there was no use in trying to get down. Knowing her, if she managed to get him to let go, she would fall on the floor and gain a few bruises from the fall, "You forgot my change of clothes. It's on my bed."