9

As we continue to run we tried to lose the cop by making sharp turns and jumping across areas but the cop is there every time I look back. As we ran for what seems like hours I let go of Madeline's hand a ran off in different direction hoping the cop would chase me instead of Hailey and Madeline. I look back and saw nothing. Crap. I thought. I turned back and raced for Madeline and Hailey.

I took a turn which I hope to find them but instead I found them handcuffed and were walking to a police car. As soon as saw the police I tackled him and took the key. I quickly took Hailey's hand cuffs and cuffed the cop before he could stand up.

"You know you can go to jail for tackling a cop and hand cuffing a cop right?" Asked the police officer.

"I know." I said while I unlocked Madeline's hand cuffs.

"Here's the key." I said dropping it about 2 feet away from him.

"Come on." I said to Madeline and Hailey.

"Where are we going now?" asked Hailey.

"Your gramma's place." I replied

"What? Why?" they asked at the same time.

"This is my problem. Not yours. you'll just get in trouble if you continue to follow me." I said.

"But-" said Madeline before he was cut off by Jacob

"I've made up my mind."

The rest of the walk was quiet.