Prom // Why Don't We

-Madison pov- 

Tonight is prom and I'm going with my best friend Chloe. But me and her aren't going in gowns. We're going in normal clothes, just jeans and tanks tops and vans.

"Madi are you ready to go?" Chloe asks.

"Yes."

"I'm going to be in the car," she yells and closes the door.

I send a text to Jack.

Me: are you going to prom?

Jack: me and the boys are going together.

Me: oh okay.

Jack: are you going?

Jack: wait you want to be there for zach..

Me: i dont like zach

Jack: then who do you like?

Me: you already eliminated one, you're down to four.

Jack: TELL ME.

Me: i will at prom :)

I grab my purse and walk out the door. 

Chloe puts on the boys' music and we sing along with it. 

"Everybody says that I'm sleeping with the enemy," we scream at the top of our lungs. 

Chloe turns down the music, "we're here. You ready?"

"Well see no, but I'll never be ready." I say deeply breathing.

"Just tell Jack," she says opening her door getting out of the car. "He's totally into you."

I get out of the car and follow her, "but every time I hang out with them they all make jokes about me liking Zach." 

"Yeah, they joke about it. That's what they do."

"But I really like Jack and I just think that I should let them think what they want."

She sighs and opens the gym door, "if you don't tell him by midnight tonight. I will." She looks at her phone, "it's eight pm now. You have four hours." She finishes pointing her finger at me.

We walk into the gym and immediately stopped by the vice principle,  "this is a formal function and you're wearing casual clothing." he says.

"Well we have tickets," I reply holding them out. "So honestly you have to let us in." I smile and look at him.

He stands there eyeing us both. He looks us up and down. "Fine, go ahead." He takes our tickets and hands us these armbands. Then passes us on.

We walk in and high-five. "Look at who made it." I hear a very familiar voice shout over the music. We turn around and see Jack and the boys. 

"Hey," I say back smiling at him. He pulls me in for a hug, I hug him back.

All the boys follow in return. 

"How have you guys been?" Chloe asks.

"We're doing good," Jack replies with a smirk. "But see tonight our mission here is to get Madison to slip up and tell us who she likes." Jack smiles.

"Never going to happen," I shout over the music. I face Chloe, "let's go dance." I say shaking my body grabbing her body and taking her on to the dance floor. 

We go onto the dance floor and dance for a while. The boys join us and we all dance for a while, a long while. Jonah's pulled Chloe away and Zach, Corbyn, and Daniel all split a while ago - leaving me and Jack alone - dancing to rap music. And actually a few of the boys' songs.