1. Welcome to the Glade

"Never forget yesterday, but always live for today... Because you never know what tomorrow can bring, or what it can take away..."

---

Darkness was all she saw, everything she felt and everything she knew. Sara opened her eyes, she was in a big box and it felt like it was shooting straight up in the air, like a rocket. She looked around, there were small boxes inside the box, she couldn't remember how she ended up here, the only thing she could remember was her name, not where she came from or why she was here. The box was shooting up in the air so fast that she could hardly breathe. 

As she was laying on her back looking up, she could see two doors coming closer and closer.

When the doors were close, the box stopped. The doors opened, but before Sara could see anything, she fainted.

---

Next time Sara opened her eyes again, she was in a cabin, laying in a bed, she could see that it was built with branches and twigs, she could see that it was still bright outside. 

She saw that on her right shoulder was something, she looked under her clothes and saw that is went to her upper arm, it was a big and black tattoo, she couldn't remember why she had it, how long she had it and what it meant.

"Well, you finally woke up" someone said and Sara looked over where the voice came from, she looked over at corner and saw a young boy. "Where am I?" Sara asked, the boy went over to Sara and she sat up "You're in the Glade" the boy said "Can you remember your name?" Sara looked at him "My name is Sara" she said. "My name is Alby, you are lucky, we could first remember our name, hours after we came up" the boy said "Came up from where?" Sara asked "I'll show you" Alby said and Sara followed him out of the cabin.

When Sara came out of the cabin, she looked around, the place was big, there were four big walls that kept them trapped, there was a gate opened, but no one seemed to be in a hurry to run out of the gate. 

"Welcome to the Glade" Alby said.

While he and Sara was walking around

While he and Sara was walking around. Alby told everything about the place "We have 3 rules here: Rule number. 1 Everyone does their part, because everything we do, is for the good of the group. Rule number 2: Never hurt another Glader, because we're all in this together and we need to work together. And Rule number 3: Never go outside the walls" he said and Sara looked at him "Why? What is behind those walls?" she asked "You don't want to know" he said.

Sara noticed that some of the boys was starting at her "Why are they staring at me?" she asked "You are the first and only girl who has come out of the box, so you will probably receive much attention" Alby said and smiled "How long have you been here?" Sara asked "It's different, the box comes up with supplies and a new Greenie every month, I was the first here, so I've been here for almost 3 years" Alby said.

Sara followed Alby over to a boy that was working with something on the ground, "Hey Newt" Alby said, the boy got up, he turned around and looked at Alby "Sara meet Newt. When I'm not around, he is in charge" Alby said and Newt and Sara shook hands, when Sara touch Newt's hand, she became warm in her body and her heart beat faster.

 When I'm not around, he is in charge" Alby said and Newt and Sara shook hands, when Sara touch Newt's hand, she became warm in her body and her heart beat faster

Newt had short light brown hair, he had the warmest brown eyes, the cutest smile and on his back, there was a machete. 

He smiled sweet to Sara. "Well, it's a good thing you're always around then" Newt said and looked at Alby and smiled, he then looked back at Sara, she looked at him and they smiled to each other. 

A/N: Thank you for reading this first chapter of Run or Die, I hope you liked it. Vote or comment if you did.