Chapter Two: Blackout

I was so tired. I was made a warrior the night before, and I was named Rabbitstorm. Promising myself I'd gather moss later, I curled up and went to sleep.

I dreamed of a cat with a pelt bright as flames. He was sitting next to an older cat, starring up at the stars. The flame-colored cat spoke up. "You wished to see me?"

"Yes," the old cat meowed."You have built the lost clan. For this-"

The dream shifted and I saw a cat with a crooked jaw standing before me. "This is not your prophecy. You will learn it soon enough. I am Crookedstar, leader of the Great forest clan, RiverClan, the clan that is the living RippleClan. It is a bit odd for a different claned cat to be a guardian, but since Bluestar was the last to die, she has the highest power. I will be your guardian. I will come to you in dark times."

I woke up to Lightningstrike nudging me. "Mossstar wants you in his den."

Again? I thought. As I approached his den, Skyfern's apprentice, Mintpaw, walked out with herbs in her mouth. I began to grow worried.

"Rabbitstorm?" Mossstar meowed. "Come in."

As I passed through the leaves, I noticed Mossstar looked weak. "I have a little cough, but don't worry. I've called you in here because I trust you. I know you can keep secrets." I leaned in. "I have lost three of my lives."

I gasped in horror. "How?"

He shook his head. "I don't know. StarClan speaks to me after each life, but I don't remember how I died."

I felt guilty. I had watched his ceremony. I should tell him, I thought.

"What is it, Rabbitstorm? Is there some wrong?"

"Uh, no...well...I-" I sighed. "I was there when-" Instantly, I felt a spasm of pain shoot through me. Mossstar scrambled to his paws and caught me as I fell.

"Skyfern!"