viii. tesla

༉‧₊˚✧ 𝐑𝐀𝐒𝐏𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐆𝐔𝐌 !
ᴇɪɢʜᴛ. ᴛᴇsʟᴀ!

DAVID DOBRIK FEELS IT IN the air, when he steps into the car. he let daisy take care of the tesla, when both natalie and him were gone for the time being. and when daisy picks him up from the airport, he lets her to continue to drive it, questioning why daisy is acting so weird. she isn't singing loudly along to the taylor swift song playing like she normally does. but he shrugs it off and scrolls through his phone, answering some urgent messages that he hadn't gotten to before the flight.

" so how was chicago? " daisy asks and sneaks a look at david sitting next to her. he looks like he hasn't slept, again – which most likely is true, considering he missed his first flight to los angeles, because of his late posting schedule.

" same old, same old, " he says, chuckling slightly, " my mom told me to cut my hair. she said something of the sort that i look like an idiot. "

" ah, don't do that. i like your hair, when it's all messy and long, " daisy frowns, knowing that everyone tells david that his hair looks like crap–she prefers it long actually. " you should just wash it with better shampoos. it would look more luscious! "

" you're the only one, who thinks so, " he admits with a small grin, " so how was la? "

" i took jean–claude to the spa, again, " she says like it was a normal thing. david did not understand why daisy dragged that dog to the spa . . . on a regular basis. " he's getting so brave already. i'm so in love with him. "

   " i'm glad he brings you happiness, " david laughs and shakes his head, " but the spa? jesus, dais, that's beyond me. "

   " um, mr david, he is my first born child so i will treat him like the king he is, " daisy laughs back and sticks her tongue out at david. he just shakes his head at the younger girl and her antics—he missed daisy.

they had not seen each other face to face in five days, which was relatively long for the two of them. they saw each other pretty much on a daily basis, when in los angeles—and spending more than two days not seeing each other was different. daisy was driving towards david's house, where her own car was located and the city was looking gorgeous at that time.

" i love la when it's dark, " she sighs, " i like it from like a car. or when i'm with someone. not when i'm alone though. "

david nods his head looking at his shoes. the feeling of something being different in the car gets to him again. something just felt . . . off in the car. necessarily not in a bad way, but just felt weird. he scrunches his face up in confusion, but daisy doesn't see that as she focuses on driving—she was a much too insecure driver to even try autopilot, because she felt like something would happen. especially with her luck. then it hits him, " did you have my car cleaned? "

there was no empty water bottles, no receipts from fast food chains, no nothing in his car. and it also smelt clean and looked clean. david didn't mind it at all, he actually kind of loved it—he was too lazy to have it cleaned or clean it himself, so this was a nice surprise.

" sorry . . . just got stressed and needed to calm down, " daisy admits, blushing slightly. it was a habit she got in high school, especially around exam season, she would clean the entire house. one of the most extreme cases was her hand scrubbing her bedroom floor, because she was stressed.