Chapter 2: Wanna grab a late late snack with us?

At the Gala..Lisa POV

"Ladies and gentlemen..please welcome to the stage, our CEO and owner of the Manoban Corporation. Miss Lalisa Manoban!" the MC invite Lisa to the stage while claps can be heard loudly.

"Thank you John." I nod to the MC and he step aside giving me space.

Ok this is it, better not to embarrass myself. I said to myself.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Good evening and welcome. Sharing this celebratory evening with all of you is truly an honor. I would like to extend a special welcome to our many distinguished guests and my beloved colleagues..

Gathered here tonight is an impressive group of people that is also very diverse. You come from all walks of life and all parts of our planet. Yet, for all this rich diversity we have all chosen to be here, now, sharing a common goal, a set core of commitments at Manoban Corporation.

Now, please kindly let me tell you a story about my family. My father, Marco Manoban may he rest in peace..in his youth he started a small trading company, which was actually the foundation of Manoban Corporation. It was a small company, it didn't make millions of dollars but just enough, and it was family. The company was like a whole big family.

In his life, my father had two dreams. First, to live together with his wife all her life minus one day, because he didn't want to live in a world without her and second, was to be a good person, a role model, and give people chance to live their life properly because we know how it felt to live in poverty.

I can't do anything to help his first dream to come true when our mother died before him, but I still in my effort to make his second dream coming true, one step closer at a time. and when it happened, I will let the world know, it was all started from him. 

I love you dad.

So Ladies and Gentlemen, each generation has one overriding responsibility, to safeguard the legacy it has received from previous generation and hand it enriched to the next one. Help me. Together we will become the biggest family in the world.

Welcome to Manoban Corporation..Thank you."

After the speech, I shake the MC's hand while everyone give me applause.

"Thank you Sajangnim for the speech, and now please welcome our guest star Blackpink!!"

After I got off from the stage, Blackpink come to the stage and start to sing and dance their hit songs. I listen to them, and smiling because I got to see them perform up close.

"Lis! Come here, let me introduce you to Mr. Yang Hyun Suk, CEO of YG Entertainment our possible partner in the future." Seulgi drag me to the middle age man with a weird hat.

"Good evening, Mr. Yang my name is Lalisa Manoban, please call me Lisa. Did you enjoy the gala so far?" I start the conversation politely and offering my hand for a handshake with him

"Ms. Manoban! ah Lisa, thank you for taking your time to greet me. I hope you find the girls worthy for our upcoming partnership in the future." He shake my hand, but I don't like this guy. I hate the way he say "worthy" it's like he objectify the girls.

"Yes, Mr. Yang, I hope you are happy with our proposal so we can finalize the contract in the near future, but if there's any requirement that you wish to add to the contract please inform Ms. Kang. But I want you to know that we will do anything to make the partnership happens. So feel free to negotiate Mr. Yang." My statement seems to make him very happy, yish this guy. I want to leave him immediately.

"Sajangnim, please go this way." Bambam direct me to the VVIP table.

"Ah yes, now if you'll excuse me Mr. Yang" I said to Mr. Yang as polite as I can

"Of course of course Ms. Manoban" as soon as he said that I walk away from him

"Thank you Bam, you read my mind" I smile at Bambam gratefully.

"I can see your discomfort around him Lis" Bambam chuckled.

When I reach the table, Blackpink already finished two of their song. They will sing the last song at the closing of the event, so they got off the stage and I can see their manager approach them and escort one of the to Seulgi.

The three other girls are escorted by their manager to their VIP table, not too far from mine. I can see Seulgi and Chaeyoung getting close. So I stand up to greet them.

"Lisa, let me introduce you to your date for this evening." Seulgi winked at me making me glared at her. "This is Ms. Park Chaeyoung, she's a member of Blackpink as you know already."

I raised my hand to shake and it doesn't take long for her to take my hand for a handshake. Wow her hand is so soft.

"I can't believe I meet you in person. Such an honor Ms. Manoban." Rose politely say while shyly smile at me.

"The pleasure is all mine, Ms. Park? Can I call you Chaeyoung? you can call me Lisa too." I smile back at her.

"Approved Lisa too!" she grins, I laughed hard when I heard her answer and saw her salute me jokingly. She's cute.

"You're funny chaeyoung. Please sit down, I know  you're tired from all that dancing and singing." I help her with her chair and she gratefully smile again

"Thank you, you're really kind."

"Please don't be formal around me, I want us to talk like friends."

"Sure..sure, I'm sorry I just so nervous. haha.. I heard many amazing things about you and I just can't believe you're right in front of now."

"Likewise Chaeyoung, haha I'm actually a fan of Blackpink. I think my hands are sweaty right now, because I sit next to Park Chaeyoung."

"Jin-jja? Lisa Manoban is a Blink? Wow haha what an achievement, I'm so proud of our group."

"Hey, It's not a big deal if I'm Blackpink's fan. But yeah you should be proud because you are an amazing group with talented members."

"Which BP's song do you like Lisa?"

"Oh I like playing with fire the most! You hugged a boy in the MV! hahaha did you enjoying it Chaeng?"

"Yah! Don't tease me! The other members already teased me to death that time." She smacked my arm. When Bambam saw that he almost come to detain chaeyoung but I raise my hand to stop him and mouthing It's ok. I'm ok. "Oh my God, I'm sorry is that hurt?" Chaeyoung panicked and start to apologize while bowing at me

"It's ok, I'll live. haha..don't be panic" I pat her head when she pout.

Chaeyoung is a sweet and kind girl. It's easy to talk to her. We talk a lot about things such as our hobbies, favorite foods, favorite movies, We share about our family and she also told me funny things about the members. "Hey, can you introduce me to the rest of the member?" I asked her and suddenly she giggling so happy

The truth is I already know few things about the other members. Irene is the oldest member she seems to be close with Jennie. Jisoo is the second oldest and I find her very funny but she also has this caring side when it comes to her members. Like mother to her kids. Jennie is super pretty, people said Jisoo is the prettiest. But to me Jennie is. Her feline eyes are so beautiful and I like her voice the best. Chaeyoung is the maknae of the group, her voice is angelic. I think she will be huge if she ever wants a solo career. and now that I know her, she really kind and gentle girl. I love to know her better, because I got this strong feeling that she can be a really good friend.

"Of course! But I think It's almost time for me to perform our last song? Hey! Wanna grab a late late snack with us after the event?" 

"Sure"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is the story progress too slow? I'll try to make a longer chapter next time. and I'm sorry if there's any wrong grammar or words. :)