/1/

"Mommy! Mommy!" Jay and Lucille both screamed for me at the same time while running in my direction.

My two precious angels that light up my life. Jay is older than Lucille but she grows much faster than him, faster than what the normal werewolf should be growing.

It's been six years since I've left my pack, well Brock's pack, since I was never a member.

Jay's father is Brock, my so called mate and Lucille's father is Hades.

"I'm hungry, mommy," Jay said, running to the refrigerator and trying to reach the gogurts which were on the top shelf. They were on that shelf because he liked eating them without permission.

"Okay, Jay. Lucy, sweetie, are you hungry?" I asked her as I took out the pancake mix.

She shook her head before running back to her open notebook on the carpet in the living room.

Lucille and Jay are complete opposites, probably because of their fathers. Jay is an extrovert who's always happy while Lucille is a major introvert and she hates communicating with others.
Also, Jay is like any normal and healthy werewolf boy and Lucille is just very different from any child you've come across.

But I love them both equally.

When the pancakes were done, I gave Jay his share and began eating mine. Although Lucille said she wasn't hungry, I left three for her just in case she changed her mind. She was known for her unusual mood swings.

"Mommy, look! I made a man!" Jay yelled excitedly, showing me how he had eaten around his pancake to form the shape of a man.

"Don't play with your food Jay Jay, or I will gladly finish it for you," I said chuckling.

When we were done, I washed up the dishes before we were on our way to Samantha's place. She was Jay's and Lucille's babysitter.

Samantha was like a sister to me. She is just the sweetest and most caring person that you can come across and she absolutely loves children.

When I dropped them off, I headed to work. I worked as a waitress at a small diner near the outskirts of town. We would usually have a lot of outsiders but we also have our regulars.

When I got there, I changed into my apron, put on a smile and got to work.

Since it was still a bit early, there weren't much customers making my work easier for the time being.

I had just finished up serving a family of four when the door opened to reveal a very familiar face. One that brought back such painful memories.

It was Brock and his beta and two other men. They strolled in and chose a seat in the back corner.

My mind was telling me to run, but I didn't. I wasn't a coward anymore. Instead, I wiped the smile off my face and walked over to their table.

Here at the diner, we were always to be kind to our customers no matter who they were. Right now, that rule meant absolutely nothing to me.

"What do you guys want to eat?" I snarkily said, getting out my notepad.

Their reactions nearly had me bursting with laughter but I managed to keep it in.

Brock was about to make a comment until he looked directly in my eyes. Recognition flashed over his face as I smirked at him. His mouth hung open and no words came out.

"Hurry up, I haven't got all day," I said impatiently, tapping my pen on the notepad and my heel on the wooden floor.

The others were just looking between their Alpha and me, mouth glued shut.

I turned around and began walking away from their table, when Jay just burst through the door and run towards me.

"Mommy!"