"What do you mean?"

August looked hesitantly down at the two children in our laps, concern crossing his features.

"We think that the two of you should start the coronation proceedings as soon as possible."

I tensed at the statement. I couldn't do it, I wasn't ready to be a queen. I wasn't ready for everything to be real.

Titus' POV

I felt Amina tense up next to me and clutch Steve a little tighter to her chest. I knew she didn't think she was ready, but if her actions over the last few months have been anything to go by, she's more than ready to take her proper title as the Alpha Queen, the Luna of all wolves.

"Why? Why now?"

"We all know that he's close and Titus you are powerful as the king, but a kingdom is only as strong as its leaders and together, you are unstoppable. Tony needs to be punished for his crimes against Amina and every soul that he's harmed, both living and dead. I know you don't feel as if you are ready Amina, but we all believe in you and we all have faith in you."

Amina's POV

"Amina, darling I know that this is a lot to take in but it's the only way to give the survival of the pack some kind of fighting chance. We believe that even without you two being officially bonded and you as an official royal that we will defeat him but together, the pack as a whole is stronger."

I ignored my mother's words. This was too much for me to take in so I calmly and without speaking, gathered Steve safely in my arms, and left the room ignoring the people calling out my name.

**

Later that night I was awakened by screaming coming from the room that the boys shared next door to Titus' and I's room, and I was out of bed and down the hall with Titus right on my tail.

My heart broke at the sight of Steve sitting up in bed sobbing and little James standing in his crib crying, probably from being woken up so unpleasantly.

Steve reached out to Titus, who had made his way over to his bed while I went to comfort James.

"He's gonna hurt you!"

"Hey, hey buddy calm down for me okay? Just calm down."

"But he's gonna hurt you, he said so!"
Titus held the distraught boy closer to him as he smoothed a large hand gently up and down his back in an attempt to comfort him.

"Who's gonna hurt me Steve? Who told you that?" he asked the boy.

"That bad man that hurt my mama. He said that he was gonna hurt my daddy. I don't want him to hurt you!"

And that one sentence is what made up my mind.

Titus POV

Daddy.

Daddy.

He called me daddy.

I clutched the little boy closer to me as he slept soundly on my chest. He had had a nightmare about the night of his mother's murder. He described the nightmare in great detail, he'd relived the moment where he was forced to watch Tony murder his mother but where in real life Tony had just walked away and left the boy in the hands of his men, he instead walked over to Steve and stood over him as he described how his daddy, the great alpha of all alphas, was next to die.

Please don' leave me daddy.

Those were the words that the child had mumbled before he fell asleep once again.