New Start

**Ethan's POV**

My answer was easy. I just took a bullet for him of course I'd marry him. 

"Ethan?" I heard his voice crack. 

"Issac," I smiled shyly. 

He planted kisses on my hand up my arm causing me to laugh. "God you idiot," he laughed. 

"Me?"

"You took a bullet," he looked at me with so much pain in his eyes. I know it was stupid, but it had to be done. 

"Issac, it was the only way we could get out," I reached back for his hand. He quickly slipped his into mine. 

"Never again will you do something like that, do you understand?" he squeezed my hand lightly. 

"I could promise you, but you know I can't," I pulled our hands up and kissed his. 

"God you're so stubborn."

"And you love it."

"Obviously or I would't have proposed."

My heart stopped thinking about it. He really did mean it. He wanted to marry me. "You and me?"

"You and me forever. That's what I want Ethan. I want to know that no matter what shit comes our way, it's always us at the end of the day."

I wanted to jump across the stupid hospital bed and hold him close to me, but I knew that wasn't possible. 

"So I hope you really meant you will," he laughed nervously. 

"Issac if I wasn't in as much pain as I was I would already be latched on to your body," I squeezed his hand causing a deep blush. 

"You know how I spoil you?" 

"Yes?"

"It's going to be so much worse once you're my husband," he laughed deeply. 

"Oh really?" I blushed thinking about it. Husband. How did I deserve to get a husband like him. Honestly most people would think I was crazy, but I know the one person that wouldn't. 

"How is Mama?" I asked. 

"She's great and back home, but she's worried sick about you." 

"Really?" 

"Of course. I think she loves you more than me," he laughed. 

"I mean who doesn't," I winked. 

"Ohhhhh you're so going to get it once you're out of this hospital."

"I hope that's a promise," I bit my lip. 

Issac stood up and towered over me putting both hands on the side of my bed. 

"Ethan Ryan, you don't even understand how bad I want you right now." I gulped hearing the need in his voice. "I want to kiss every single inch of your body and make your understand just how much I love you. I want you to know who you belong too."

My voice stuttered, "I know who it belongs too." 

"Who does it belong too?" he voice somehow got even deeper. 

"You," I bit my lip hard. 

His lips crashed into mine and sparks flew. It was different than before. The need that we both felt was obvious. We kissed like tomorrow wasn't promised. I wanted to feel every inch of it and killed me being in the state I was. 

He pulled back breathing a little harder. "I love you." 

"I love you too." 

"Where's the doctor?" I asked. 

"He's actually on vacation this week so his assistant is here," he pressed a button on the side of the bed and a moment later a woman walked through the door. 

"Hello Issac," she looked at me, "thank goodness."

"I know," Issac smiled. 

"Hello Ethan, how are you feeling?" she asked. 

"You can probably imagine," I laughed halfheartedly. 

"I know," she smiled, "but you are awake so it's better than yesterday." She started to look at the computers next to me then she had me do the deep breathing thing. 

"So you are sounded better than I predicted and that's great," she smiled. "But you are still going to be here a couple of days for the pure amount of blood you lost and until we feel good about your wound."

I stopped and looked down at my stomach. I got shot. Holy shit I got shot. 

"How big is it?" I stuttered thinking about Issac's scars. 

"I can show you if you would like," she spoke. 

"You don't have to look right now," Issac reassured me. 

"I want too." 

"I need to check it anyways so you are more than welcome to look away as soon as you want to," she reached for some gloves and started to roam through a cabinet. 

"Ethan I warn you. It's not going to be pretty," Issac held my hand tight. 

"It's okay, I need to see it." 

She moved a little table with some bottles and a lot of gauze. "You ready?" 

I nodded and she started to slowly remove the gauze. My heart stopped as it came to view. It looked like my body had been singed in a fire. It was a clear hole. You could see my skin trying to cover it up. It was going to be a huge scar. I looked up at Issac and saw the pain in his face. 

"Issac look at me," I said sternly. 

He looked at me slowly.

"Pull your shirt up." 

"What?" he asked confused. 

"Do it." 

He did as I said and I saw him big scar on his hip. I placed my hand on it. 

"We both have scars now. They show the things we've been through. Your's show that you aren't scared to be who you are. Mine show I'm not scared to love you." 

He leaned down and kissed me. "Sap." 

"I try."

"Now this is going to hurt," she said and I gripped Issac's hand again. 

She cleaned it out and re-wrapped it. It hurt like a bitch, but it could always be worse. 

"So," Issac asked sitting back down. 

"Yes?"

"Now that we're going to get married, we're going to have to figure out what we're doing with Mama." 

"Oh yeah?" I laughed. 

"Yeah, she was talking about a new house the other day anyways."

"Why?" 

"She thinks we all need a new start after everything that has happened." 

"I agree." 

"So tomorrow we'll start looking." 

"What?"

"We are going to look for a house online then once you're ready to get out. We'll go find our house."

Our house.