What the Hell...

(Normal POV)

Maria sat on the couch quietly waiting for the arrival of the others, Abraham had managed to come out of the aquarium somehow and was sitting right across from her.

"No need to look nervous, I certain everyone will be happy to meet you." He said with a smile, Maria nodded in response and smirked.

A few seconds later a guy in a suit came into the room, this must be the one named Clay. Maria couldn't help but put her finger on it, but for some reason his hair looked funny.

"Clay my boy, this here is Maria Santago." Professor Broom said while walking up to Maria and introducing her to him, she got up from her seat and extended her hand out to shake his.

Both shook in greetings, Clay takes a good look at Maria and finds her to look quite fascinating to look at.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Maria, the others are coming down the hallway right now. Take it you already met Abraham and not booked it yet, you'll be alright meeting the big guy." He said with a smirk and pulled his hand away, Maria looked rather confused at his remark.

"Big guy?" She questioned, that moment a guy and a girl came into the room.

"Maria this is John Myers and Elizabeth Sherman, they are going to be your colleagues and mentors to help you around here." Broom said, Maria went up to Elizabeth and shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you Maria, you can call me Liz everybody does here." She said with a genuine smile, Maria smiled in return and looked to John.

"Good to have a new addition to the team, can't wait to see what you can do in the field." John said enthusiastically, Liz suddenly elbowed him on his side.

Maria didn't take offense to what he said but she didn't bother to question his words, looking back behind them Maria noticed that Professor Broom and Clay were talking in the corner.

"He's doesn't want to come and meet her, I tried getting him out the room but he's fucking stubborn sir." Maria could make out what Clay was telling him, Broom looked displeased at this and rubbed his temple for a moment.

"Have Maria get settled in and situated, let me go speak with him." She heard Broom say to him, Clay nodded and headed towards Maria and the others.

"Mrs. Santago I'll be helping you get settled in and showing you where you'll be staying in." Clay said while going over to grab my things, Maria watched Mr.Broom leave the room with a frowned on his face.

" Is everything alright with him?" She asked Liz, she sighed and shrugged her shoulders.

"Yeah, just Red's having one of his moods again. Don't take it personally he doesn't like meeting new people at first." She said, John nodded in agreement.

"Yeah trust me, first time we met he wasn't really fond of me as much." He said with a nervous smile, Maria lip quirked up a bit then looked at Mrs. Amy.

"Seems like you're doing good so far." She said joyfully, Maria smirked and walked over to her.

"Yeah but don't get your hopes up, the big guy doesn't seem fond of me." She said , Amy shook her head and Pat her shoulder.

"Don't worry, you'll do great here I know it. Remember, call whenever you need me and I'll come running." She said in sincerity, Maria smiled and hugged her.

"Thank you Amy." She said, afterwards Clay allowed Maria to walk out with her and say their goodbyes.

(Maria's POV)