Four

Avery's P.O.V

I could feel my cheeks burning up, so I tried covering my face with my hair.

Crap, what do I say?

"I wasn't, I swear, I-I'm-I'm sorry do I creep you out? I should just shut up. I'm sorry" word vomit. Great.

He giggled.

"No, no, I'm used to it, it's fine. I'm Michael by the way."

He's used to it? That's a bit cocky. Who is this, Michael with weird hair?

"I'm Avery. Erm I should probably warn you, I'm still pretty scared of flying."

I had barely finished my sentence before the plane jumped to life.

Without thinking, I grabbed hold of Michael's hand and my whole body froze. I felt his hand wriggle under mine, intertwining our fingers. It..was nice.

I relaxed a little as we were finally in the air. I couldn't stop staring at our hands.

Do I let go?

Michael's P.O.V

"I wasn't, I swear, I-I'm-I'm sorry do I creep you out? I should just shut up. I'm sorry"

Why is she apologising? She's adorable! I giggled. What the hell? This girl made me giggle. Act cool Michael.

"No, no, I'm used to it, it's fine. I'm Michael by the way."

I can't read her expression. Shit did I say something wrong?

"I'm Avery. Erm I should probably warn you, I'm still pretty scared of flying."

Avery. Could she get anymore perfect?

The plane was starting to take off and I noticed her shaking, she tensed beside me, with a panic stricken expression. I didn't like seeing her like this. She grabbed my hand and held on to it tight. I intertwined our fingers in hope of comforting her, hopefully not creeping her out.

Once we were in the air, I could feel blood rushing to my hand. Avery had her eyes fixed to our hands, I didn't want to let go, it just felt right.

"What are you listening to?" She whispered sitting closer to me.

"My Chemical Romance, do you like them?"

She smiled.

"I've never heard of them sorry"

I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Just kidding they're one of my favourite bands"

"Me too" I said.

"Tell me about yourself Mikey, can I call you that?"

She seemed tired.

"Sure. You can lay on me if you want, you look uncomfortable."

"Thanks"

She was so warm and her hair smelt like apples.

"Erm well, I'm Michael, I'm 18, I'm part of a band, I play guitar and do vocals, I dye my hair frequently. I love video games and pizza! And that's pretty much all there is to know"

I twirled her hair between the fingers of my free hand, the other still held on to hers.

"I'm sure there's more to you than that, what's your story?"

"I'll tell you that another day. What about you, who is the mysterious Avery?"

She sighed.

"Another day? You plan on seeing me again? Aha well I'm Avery, I'm also 18, I too play guitar and sing, I also song write, however I'm not part of a band, and will probably never pursue a career in music. I'm simply not good enough. And my story is not something you would want to hear. But maybe one day"

I could see a single tear roll down her face. I wiped it away and she weakly smiled.

"Sorry" she whispered.

"Don't be sorry, it's okay. I'd love to see you again if that's okay? Can I give you a ride to where ever you're going from the airport? I'm sure you are good enough, don't doubt yourself okay?"

What did she mean I wouldn't want to hear her story?

I kissed our hands and she blushed again, hiding behind her hair. She bit her lip. Wow.

"I'd like to see you again. We can exchange numbers in the car when we leave. Thank you Mikey."

She kisses my cheek and rests her head on my chest, slowly falling asleep.

Author's note

No Avery and Michael don't get together. More updates soon ✌️x