Hospital, Sweet Hospital

Start from the beginning

"You make it sound like we're not friends." Mark pouted.

Jack smiled. "I'm hoping that if I razz you about not answering messages enough... you'll get better."

Mark shook his head. "I won't."

Jack laughed, his laugh quieting as he heard another voice. "Hey Sean." Amy smiled as she entered the room, walking over to give him a hug.

"Hi!" Jack grinned, as the hug ended. "Sorry about invading the place with..." He gestured to the egos who had settled themselves in the room for now. "Them."

"It's alright." Amy smiled. "Mark's show up often enough, I'm pretty used to it."

Mark nodded. "Some of them too often."

Amy giggled. "He kind of regrets the Jims."

Jack gasped, turning to him. "No! Not the Jims!" He laughed. "How fast does that get old?"

"Fast!" Mark groaned. "Last week they did a story on if dogs secretly use the toilet like people when no one's home, and I found them hiding in my shower."

Jack tried to hold in his laughter. "Isn't your... shower... glass?"

"Yup!" Mark sighed.

Jack burst into laughter. "That's fantastic."

Mark shook his head and Amy rubbed his back. "We don't know how they got in the house either."

Dr. Schneeplestein cleared his throat, stepping up to the little congregation. "Not to be a bozher, but on ze matter of vhy ve are here... zhere is a hospital set up? I am not sure Robbie vill be valking forever... his energy is draining quite quickly and it can be difficult for him to communicate exactly how he is feeling... he does not talk much."

Mark nodded. "I'll call Dr. Iplier. We'll drive you guys over there and get you set up. Sean, just leave your stuff there for now. We can set you up in the spare room when we get back."

"Are you sure it's not a problem? I know this is sudden. I can call for a hotel room..." Jack offered.

Amy smiled, shaking her head. "It's no problem."

Jack flashed her a grin before he turned to help gather up his egos and get them back outside. Mark looked over the group, leaning his shoulder against Amy's. "Can you uh..."

"You need help moving them?" Amy smiled.

"Yeah." Mark chuckled. "Maybe we should have got the ubers to just take them straight to the new place."

Amy shrugged. "You both get kind of overwhelmed when you're dealing with the egos in these numbers." She pointed out, heading outside, with Mark on her heels.

Chica and Henry raced to the door and Mark frowned. "Stay! Be good. We'll be home soon." Chica let out a whine and Mark sighed. "I know, baby girl." He promised before pulling the door closed and locked it.

They piled the egos into two vehicles and drove the twenty minutes to the house that had been rented. As they were getting the egos out of the cars, the door opened and Dr. Iplier leaned in the doorway. "More patients. Great." He grumbled.

"You knew ve vere coming you imbecile." Dr. Schneeplestein grumbled.

Dr. Iplier grinned. "I did. Based on what you told me about everyone, and what I've observed, I've broken everyone down into wards."

"Zat sounds a little too complicated for a brain of your size." Dr. Schneeplestein muttered, helping Robbie.

Narrowing his eyes, Dr. Iplier leaned in the doorway. "He's dying."