Chapter Four

At dinner that night after the prince had left Charlotte couldn't bare the silence and turned to her father " father please teach me archery" Damon looked at his daughter with a surprised face and could reply to her for a couple minutes, " why Charlotte, why do you need to know how to shoot a bow and arrow?" Charlotte took a deep teat he before launching into a speech about why she should learn archery.

" the things have been happening in the village have become almost unbearable and I have not seen sir Thomas in days, I would like to learn archery so I can protect my family since you have no son to protect our family home. I think it wise to train me in what a boy should know do that it will be easier for me to become a excellent archer and hopefully catch a murderer & kidnapper and keep my family safe then hopefully set out on a journey to find the missing princess so my kingdom will not fall into more despair"

Damon looked at his wife and his wife gave him a look that said " she asked you, not me". Damon sighed and looked at his little girl, She gave him her signature whipped puppy look and Damon fell for it. "I will teach you archery but you should not tell anyone about this because they would see me as a strange man" Damon spoke to his daughter with authority but at the same time a play full tone. "oh thank you daddy! thatnk you so very much father!" Charlotte launched her self at her father and almost strangled him with her hug. She then gave a hug to her mother since her mother was in charge of making sure Charlotte was safe.

"Now your father must know that if his daughter doesn't keep up with her house hold duites they'll both be punished" Katrina gave her husband a deadly look as he threw his head back in laughter but then came back to earth when he realized his wife hadn't been joking, he soon became serious and looked back at his wife.

"Now now Katrina i shall have her back in time to do her duties my lady, i promise you"

Katrina rolled her eyes and shooed her daughter off to bed, She smiled as Charlotte closed her eyes and her breathing became slow, calm, and quiet. She brushed the hair out of her face and slowly sang the lullaby her mother used to sing her,

"Sleep my darling dearest one, for now the day has ended.

tonight my darling rest your head for the morning comes to soon,

Goodnight Charlotte my darling child, i wish to see you smile"

Katrina looked at her husband and gave him a look, "Damon you are hiding something from me, How did you find Charlotte when she was a baby and why was your sister executed on the same day? Tell me Damon why do you hide things from me?"

Damon spit out his ale and looked at his wife with eyes as wide as tretchers, ( round stale piece of bread used as a plate). Damon looked at his wife and stuttered on a few words before he finally spoke "Katrina my lady i should have told you sooner, Charlotte is our niece, she was Luci's daughter. Luci wanted to get her daughter away from the castle before she got hurt by the king's wrath but the rest was unknown to me, i am sorry my dearest i should have told you"

"now i know but we cannot tell Charlotte until she is ready to know"

"but how will she be ready to know when she doesn't know we aren't her birth parents?"

"Charlotte can do many things, nothing is impossible especially when Charlotte is dealing with them"