Chapter two

There had been another murder and yet another girl had been stolen from the village, Charlotte's parent had been more watchful over their daughter. Charlotte finally got the opportunity to slip out of her home and go to see Sir Thomas.

Today the forest seemed more dark and cold to Charlotte but she kept moving, even though she had her suspicion's about it. Her cloak was pulled tightly around her shoulders and she held her dress so that it wouldn't trail on the dirt path. "i wonder if i should have worn my fathers old clothes instead of my dress" she thought to  herself as the village came into view.

Charlotte ran towards the stall and Sir Thomas nodded her way but didn't speak or wave, Charlotte felt a little discouraged by this but she kept walking towards the stall. "Sir Thomas! Oh what ever is the matter?" She looked at her friend with concern, "My wife has spoken to me about teaching you how to fight, she doesn't approve of it".

Charlotte remembered that Sir Thomas's wife Isobel was from a noble family and was trained to be a lady, "Of course she would not be approving of this Sir Thomas, She was from nobility and was raised as a lady" Charlotte looked at Sir Thomas with no expression on her face, " I cannot make my wife mad at me Charlotte dearest, i cannot teach you how to fight, i am truly sorry"

Charlotte looked at Sir Thomas and nodded as she walked out of the blacksmith stall and began to walk back home, The forest path felt like it had gotten smaller but Charlotte wasn't afraid, well that's what she thought.

Charlotte was actually shaking just a little bit, a noise was heard in the bushes and Charlotte jumped a little but but she moved towards the bush, what she saw shocked her. One of the young knights from the neighbouring kingdom was wrestling with another man (most likely a drunkard who insulted his king). It looked like the drunkard was winning, Charlotte gasped as the drunk man stabbed the un armoured knight and fled from the scene.

Charlotte ran to the young man's side but upon seeing he wasn't a knight but a king's son she quickly pulled his arm over her shoulder and helped him walk the rest of the way to her home. He groaned as she laid him on her cot, her father ran in from the garden and stared at the prince.

Her father quickly called her mother in and Katrina ran into the house and looked at the boy with great pity, "Put his head on your lap Charlotte" Charlotte did as she was told and lifted his head onto his lap. Katrina nodded to her husband and Damon smashed a bottle over the young prince's head in order to knock him out.

"Where did you find him?" spoke Katrina as she patted the wound with a wet cloth, "i found him along the path in the woods when i was walking home"  Charlotte brushed his hair out of his blank face.

"pray he may live, Charlotte, pray for this prince"