twenty-six

felt like spoiling you guys today hehe. here's the fourth chapter today, enjoy ;) 

SATURDAY

the twins and luna are officially gone. grayson did end up tagging along, explaining that he feels like he needs space from amy and everyone to clear his mind. i completely agree. maybe family time is just what he needs.

too bad that means i'll be taking on this party without them. but i've got amy, austin and jade; that's all i need.

i still have my pj's on and decide to spend the day lounging around the apartment. but then i remember that i still haven't gotten jade a gift. this is a birthday party after all.

i race to the bedroom to change and head to the mall.

-

ETHAN'S POV

i wake up around ten in the morning, luckily getting to sleep in a little with my mom watching luna. we got here pretty late last night since we drove and traffic sucked.

sitting up in my bed, i hear a bunch of chatter in the kitchen. i also smell breakfast being made, which makes me immediately get out of bed.

my mom makes the best pancakes.

i walk out of my room and go into the kitchen. just as i thought, mom's making pancakes, my dad's having coffee at the kitchen table, and grayson's holding luna while talking to cameron.

cameron just got here this morning, so i go over to her and give her a hug. she flinches, but doesn't pull away.

"hey dork," she tells me, eventually hugging me back.

"hey bitch," i respond, then pull away from her. "haven't seen you in forever."

"i know," she replies. "and i haven't seen this little one since she was born pretty much." she caresses luna's cheek, tucking one of her brown curls behind her ear. "she's so big now."

luna pulls away from her a little bit, feeling shy, and holds onto grayson. cameron doesn't take it personally.

grayson sways her, soothing her. "aw, look at us. the old gang back together."

"the three musketeers," my dad adds. we all laugh, remembering his keen ability to crack dad jokes every chance he gets.

(this is so hard to write because of recent news. i'm so sad... he left us too soon❤️)

mom is getting the plates, stacking pancakes on each. i help her set the plates at the table and then go grab syrup from the cabinet.

"so how's rylin?" my mom asks me then.

i put down the syrup in the middle of the table and then face her. "she's doing really good. she's sorry she couldn't make it, by the way."

"oh that's alright. tell her we miss her," she says, turning the stove off. i can tell she's hurt that rylin keeps avoiding her, but she doesn't make a big deal out of it.

"will do." i sit down at the table and grayson gives me luna, who i sit on my lap. my parents sit across from me while grayson and cameron are on the side.

"was your flight okay?" i ask cameron. she has pancake in her mouth.

"mhmm," she murmurs, then swallows. "except for this one guy blasting music in his headphones next to me. i'm surprised his brain wasn't melting."

"i'm surprised your brain doesn't melt when you do the same thing," grayson remarks. she shoves his shoulder.

"i don't do that, idiot."